Lets get together and open Haliburton

oxnarrowsresort

i have been speaking to some other clubs about assuming the trails north of 118, gas shortage distance from baysville is one problem, but maybe a diesel tank at ox would solve that.

another is hcsa actually agreeing to relinquish the trail as they get paid per kilometer of trails from the ofsc fund.

forward all comments to contactinfo@ofsc.on.ca and trails@ofsc.on.ca and maybe we can get some changes for next year.

i see very little use of the cordory road these days, back when i was a tall pines member we would cut lots of cedar out of the bush lay them side by side to form the cordory road for the groomer to cross the swampy areas.

You are right very little use of this simple system to solve a problem .

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have spoken to andy this morning, and before i get too carried away, the B trail to minden will probably never re-open due mostly to 4 wheel traffic causing major rutting and trail damage. it is not worth the money, time and effort required if the 4 wheel drives damage the trail every year and the terrain in there is very unforgiving.

money is in the budget for next year to reroute B trail through pine springs just north of ox narrows, trail #16 to #4 through carnarvon etc.

so we should all enjoy this year and make plans for next year. and if you wonder why i'm writing now and not sledding, i took out the drivecase bearing last sunday afternoon on kushog see you next weekend

i have spoken to andy this morning, and before i get too carried away, the B trail to minden will probably never re-open due mostly to 4 wheel traffic causing major rutting and trail damage. it is not worth the money, time and effort required if the 4 wheel drives damage the trail every year and the terrain in there is very unforgiving.

money is in the budget for next year to reroute B trail through pine springs just north of ox narrows, trail #16 to #4 through carnarvon etc.

so we should all enjoy this year and make plans for next year. and if you wonder why i'm writing now and not sledding, i took out the drivecase bearing last sunday afternoon on kushog see you next weekend

As I mentioned....in the late Summer, and into Fall you see a zillion trucks, 4X4 vehicles and ATV's in that stretch accessing hunting camps. If there is one camp there must be twenty. Then there is the mid Ontario 4X4 club (forgive me if that is wrong) who run their jeeps through there too. I am in favour of the re route. Trail 16 and 4 is a nicer run anyways.

Ran Pine Springs Road this Saturday and Sunday from just above Ox Narrows. Holy cow...the plow takes all the snow from one side to the other even west of where B meets Pine Springs Road. Why, one wonders, do they not leave a bit of snow on the side for us poor sledders? :wtf:

Ran Pine Springs Road this Saturday and Sunday from just above Ox Narrows. Holy cow...the plow takes all the snow from one side to the other even west of where B meets Pine Springs Road. Why, one wonders, do they not leave a bit of snow on the side for us poor sledders? :wtf:

Logging......

Hey there, having finally been on the trails this past weekend I can say :woot::woot:

way to go ! As for the avatar thing -Derek assures me that it won't hurt, so go ahead-- I can take it. Just don't be cruel about it. You might have to talk to me at Ox Narrows one day ,or worse yet ,have me try and park my rev close to you ! ( HA )

Bucko

I stayed out of this as I had nothing good to say about my experieces in Haliburton and have said it all before, but.........

We just got back from sunday to Thurs. ride in HCSA, Puadash, KLSC, and twin mountains area and WOW :woot: , unbelievable conditions, everything, primary, secondary, even feeder trails were perfectly groomed everyday. Couldnt believe it< haliburton was mint, as was all the surrounding areas, they even beat KLSC to the rail bed on monday morn after a busy weekend.

So hopefully the changes have come, but Ive never seen it this good there before.

Cheers, Todd

Whatever the club politics are is up to them. I have said it before that this club has come a long way and was thrilled with the direction the last two winters. This year, despite the changes in the office...fact remains that they are doing a great job on the trails (with the exception of TOP B south of hwy 118 to Minden), the signage is very well coordinated, and there are a lot of new signs and lot's more of them. That is critical for those who do not know the area and have no map.

They are working towards a huge floating bridge for next year into Minden to avoid some of the B.S. in town. That will be a huge step forward. The re-route of the TOPB down 16, and 4 into Minden will also be a big step. There is work to be done before you can use them as a TOP trail. IMO.

They however have to keep it up!

This week, rode trail 4 to1 to BTOP, up to Eagle Lake, across TOPE into Paudash (Harcourt)played around in the Paudash trail system for awhile, back to Carnarvon (trail 8) and then back to trail 4. All were amazing and were freshly groomed. The Paudash club was also excellent as the TOPE was almost tabletop. It was a mess often last year. Groomer issues.

132_2e0476c9693e07f0e8d21ce1dd39c874

132_551e2e939e7ee5b63970744dd37ebfdb

132_c40c90da33c513791f7e96e42f859ad3

132_5da75c261fec4d79cb4b21a708fdc761

132_58ffed44e32bb128e54c7abb6338f6db

Archived