my saturday ride twin mountains and hcsa

blue er

left from caygeon lanes in Bobcaygeon at noon today and headed up the 400 trail, with 4 inches of fresh snow on the trails it was excellant and fast for the most part, headed west on e108 which was in decent shape as well and took b103 north where we ran into a klsc groomer on the trail, trails was good right to kinmount started to get some trail jigglers at the usual hcsc section of trail, but was manageable. took the b112 into Minden, into town was a great trail lots of fun twisty's went to the Rockcliffe for lunch (yup bit of a dive) leaving mindon trails started to get thin, hooked up trail 4 outside of town and headed up towards B trail, trail has way to much road running and one big water hole that nearly swallowed a vector, someone had put bales of hay/straw around it trying to make it passable, just hit it when/if you see it.

Decided a side trip into canarvan for fuel, NO GAS IN CANARVON Today, pumps were all roped off not sure if they were out of some other issue but beware if your low and heading this way.

back to B trail lots of ice and thin snow made it a bit slippery but manageable, ran right into another groomer (odd seeing two groomers out middle of afternoon) closer we got to hali the bumpier b became but overall not to bad, took b103 into haliburton, wow was it bumpy all the way ti town, fueled up at the xtr and headed south on b103 the day took it's toll washboard surface all the way to kinmount, where we turned onto tmsc trail 430 it didn't start out to good, but once we got about 2 k from town it got much better and all tmsc trails were great today, took 430 to 420 ends at e108 south the clubhouse trail 470 and we ran fresh groomed trail all the way back to 400 into caygeon as we pulled in the groomer was at the bowling ally, all in all a great day for a ride did 320km today, and hats off the the tmsc for maintaing such great trails considering the crap winter we been having.

Probably passed you at some point today!

Unfortunately or fortunately (tons of money coming this way) Haliburton has been seeing loads more traffic this Winter. Probably an easy drive for many for the day, as SW Ontario trails are non-existant this Winter. I can't remember a year when this area has seen so much traffic and there really has been no new snow in Haliburton for almost three weeks!

If you can avoid it, that Esso in Carnarvon is a crook anyways. He has the highest prices around, and often runs out on long weekends. The only good thing is the LCBO outlet in there.

The Rockcliffe is a dive but it is a landmark. If you are in Minden again, try the Dominion hotel down the street.

Trail 4 is my least favorite trail as there is too much road running. The club is trying to eliminate the section after you go across Hwy 35 up to Carnarvon, and get it back into the forest where it was years ago. A landowner issue forced the road running.

I was out a lot in the north end of the trails today and they are much better than the south end of HCSA.

Saw the groomer going to Whitney. The club is doing a lot more daytime grooming and night grooming as per the norm. The trails are rough in spots but the club is grooming. There is just crap loads of traffic!

yup, it's real busy on the main trails everywhere in central ontario, stopped for a break around gelert on the way home around 730 tonight counted 18 sleds go by in a quick cig/pee break, smaller club trails pretty much have em to myself.

kicken myself was in the parking lot for the dominion and was talked into the rockcliffe

Archived