Osgoode Carleton and area conditions

Mooseman

Just came back from a ride from Greely to Metcalfe, Osgoode, Kemptville mainly following the A trail through the Trail Blazers and Kemtpville club trails. Despite the recent rain and mild spell, trails are holding up well on the Osgoode Carleton system as we are very proactive on the grooming. I can't the say the same for TB and Kemptville as their trails were fair to poor with little traffic on them. Can't say I blame them, their trails downright blow compared to Osgoode's. The KOC from Kemptville to Osgoode was bumpy all the way. Once on Osgoode trails, they are fair to good. Some icy spots in corners and middle of fields but really can't complain given the weather. A bit of loose snow but mostly hard pack and granular stuff. Will likely go out again tonight and tomorrow.

OFSC map says yellow but they should be green in my opinion.

Good to hear, I just may have to check out the trails in Osgoode.

What would be a good place to unload and park a truck to access trails?

I think most clubs in our area changed to yellow with the rain until volunteers can get out and check the trails out. From the road trails in BEAST look to have survived alright as well.

There used to be the Drummonds gas in Manotick but with the construction there, that parking lot is closed down. Maybe the Rideau Carleton Raceway since there is a trail leading there and there's lots of parking. Best thing to do is call our snow line 613 724 7669 or on the website http://www.osgoodesnowmobileclub.ca/default.action?itemid=33

If you do come down, let me know and we could hook up. You should also check out the new KOC Multi use trail from the north end all the way down to Osgoode and Kemptville. It's an old railway bed and it goes by our new clubhouse.

Update: Went out last night, Greely, Osgoode, KOC, Metcalfe and back to Greely via the A trail (east side of Bank St.) and they were starting to get pretty beat up by lots of traffic but we saw the groomers hard at work fixing them up. One on the KOC from the clubhouse, another just leaving the Clubhouse and the other on the A Trail (could have been the same one leaving earlier). Should be good to go today!

Archived