Harcourt to Dorset

Nimrod

Can someone tell me what the quickest or shortest route from Harcourt to Dorset would be. Thanks

Up to the E trail towards haliburton. Trail 10 up to haliburton lake, go west to ft irwin & run the haliburton lk rd to the boyce bradley (B trail) which you take to trail 11 a mile or so up the road(b trail).

Trail 11 takes you across guilford, redstone and kennisis lakes (all staked once the lakes are safe - will be a few weeks from now) At the end of kennisis you can either take Tall Pines (msr d7) trail 62 or run the lakes (rest of them not generally staked, but well travelled).

From 62 the fastest way to Dorset is hang a right on 64 and then take 68 where they split off, up to kawagama and west to the marinas where you can take 63 trail into dorset.

Some other less travelled local routes you can run including using the haliburton forest but you need permission(pass) to legally ride teough there.

Canadoo has given you a good route. The trails need more snow though before that route opens. Lakes are not staked yet. I don't think most of the big lakes are near safe either, IMO..but there are lots of tracks. Pretty scary as the temps have been up and down.

Hoping to do that route a week thursday. If lakes not safe will get around on land. Thanks for route. This lake shortcut is the only trail I havent run in the region.

Archived