Osgoode Carleton, South Ottawa conditions

Mooseman

Was out yesterday (Sunday) and the trails were pretty good except for some slushy and wet parts. It looks as if there are large ponds but the ground under is frozen and there is just a layer of water on top, making it look bad. One really bad spot is on A trail at Stagecoach where we had to go around a really large accumulation of water and didn't want to risk getting stuck. If you do find yourself in the middle of water all of a sudden on the trails, just power yourself through it and you'll be fine. Most of it should be frozen by now, at least the slush and smaller bodies of water. Hopefully our groomers will be out as there was lots of snow to groom with. I was actually breaking new snow most of the day!

Lets just hope the rain expected later this week won't be as bad as predicted as there is also snow in the forecast. Maybe we'll make up for the late season start.

Same situation in and around Stittsville, Ashton, and to barhaven. I stayed off the swamps because it looks more like water then slush. great snow though.

Well, that didn't last long. Trails are now CLOSED and not likely to reopen due to all the water. Long range forecast doesn't look good neither... more rain. So unless I trailer north, I'm done.

Archived