Saturday sledding from Cookstown

4mysled

Heading out tomorrow morning about 11:00 am. We will be leaving from Cookstown, Hwy 89 and Hwy 27. I am heading out with my little guy so it will not be a fast ride nor a long ride. Will most probably do about 100-150KM. If anyone is interested joining please let me know.

Happy Trails

4MY

We rode from Cookstown to Collingwood and back yesterday. The trails where GREAT through about 90% of the ride....just a bit thin through Alliston. The rail line is in great shape all the way up to Phelpston.

Have fun!!

Went for a nice little ride. Lots of sleds. Took off from Cookstown about 11, trails were pretty good but starting to get a little thin on the rail line, hopefully we will get more snow soon. The B105 was a little rough until you get to the Barrie boundries and then they improved. Went over to the C and back to Cookstown. All in all trails were very good. However, I must say , people stay on your own side of the trail. South of Barrie we were heading up the hydro line and just coming up on a hill 2 sleds come flying around a corner one sled goes sideways and I have to go well off trail to avoid a collision. Did the guy stop, no he just kept on going. If I was by myself I might have gone after him. Who in their right mind goes around a corner that is on top of a hill side by side. I think they may have been racing. But come on folks ride smart. Sorry for my rant. Anyway off again tomorrow, little guy has hockey so Dad gets to ride alone.

Archived