Is Rice Lake staked?

Justdoome

Anyone one know if Rice has been staked yet? I'd like to ride it up to Elmhurst and over to Cambellford.

I've been talking to a couple guys from Bewdley and the rumour is that it won't be staked due to liability issues. There is a lot of ice and a lot of tracks if you are familiar with the area at all. Did the ride myself before this last dump but it was scratchy. I'm sure it will be a great run now :)

I've been talking to a couple guys from Bewdley and the rumour is that it won't be staked due to liability issues. There is a lot of ice and a lot of tracks if you are familiar with the area at all. Did the ride myself before this last dump but it was scratchy. I'm sure it will be a great run now :)

Great the lawyers and INS companies are causing clubs not to stake lakes now, at this rate 5 years from now the OFSC will be shut down for good.

But thats ok cause the world ends in just over a year anyways... :coffeespit:

It's now staked from Keene to Hiawatha, with signs. I also noticed stakes spaced very far apart around Gores Landing. Might just be a shortage of manpower or time for the club. I didn't notice any stakes from Gores Landing to Bewdley but only ran that stretch early Sunday morning so the club could have been out in the afternoon but not sure.

Snowing open and green today on the guide, guess earlier reports where missleading, a good thing for sure

Archived