my saturday ride

blue er

After picking the apex up from the dealer a week ago finally got a chance to try it out and mcgregors did a great job of peicing it back together again woo hoo like new, you would never know I pinned a tree other than the shiny new bulkheads poking out between the plastic.

I decided to go to the paudash bbq, i left my house in dunsford crossed sturgeon lake and jumped on the rail trail to fenelon falls to gas up for the day, rail trail was a little thin but mostly ridable up to concession 3, took e-108 east is was in great shape considering the lack of snow, as I entered twin mountain trails it as decnt as well (also being out at 8 am i was about the only sled on the trail other than my riding partner) as i got past the 400 juntion the trail was freshly groomed witch made the ride much great, and the trail stayed good untill entering buckhorn system the first 15 k or so were a little rocky and bumpy but got better as I went north by the time i crossed into paudash country the trails were great again, rode to the E trail and down the 5k to the clubhouse, had a burger chit chatted with a couple people and checkd out the e-tec sleds (very nice).

After leaving the clubhouse decided to head to harcourt again E trail wasn't bad but a lot of ice on the trail and an awful lot of people cutting corners, got gas in harcourt my apex took 24 bux to top off my buddy with a 03 rev 800 took 27 so mileage is pretty similar, the cookhouse was packed with sleds as usual, leaving harcourt on the E continued on with haliburton being our goal, the trail remaind in good shape other than the icy corners right till the B/E junction, took the B south it was getting a little ridden out by the time we made it to this area was around 2:30 pm and as usual the hydro cut was rougher than hell, stopped in haliburton for some wings/coffee/warm up took the rail trail south (at this time i should have run the stake line down ) is wasn't to bad as far down as kinmount but ther was a family fun run around fenelon falls and there wasn't much snow left, i am sure i ran 3 0r 4 k's of dirt south of kinmount, jumped back on sturgeon lake at the end of wager rd and proceeded home at the end of the day did 305km and used about 40 bux in fuel.

It felt great to get out again

Good to read you're back in the saddle. Crashes are (hopefully only) scary, costly and an aggravation on an already short season....if you're lucky.

McGregors is probably the best dealership, hands down, anywhere. I left Yamaha for a stint on the green rockets but I hope to go back to Yamaha as soon as a suitable ride comes available. Whenever I had issues on any of my sleds, Paul and Mark always got me back riding before the weekend. Suspensions, chaincases, track, whatever...even when it was all my fault, they got it done.

Great work everytime and a friendly place to go.

Stay right, keep it pinned.

Archived