Bad Weekend for Quebec Sledders

schmied

Quebec police are urging snowmobilers to ride safely and respect off-road speed limits after deadly accidents on the weekend claimed the lives of five people.

The five Quebecers died in separate snowmobiling accidents between Saturday and Sunday in different parts of the province.

Speeding might have been a factor in some of the deaths, said Sgt. Martine Isabelle of the provincial police.

A 40-year-old man died after he lost control on a snowmobiling trail in the Laurentians on Saturday.

On the same day, a 21-year-old in central Quebec was killed when he hit a tree and was thrown from his snowmobile.

A 31-year-old man in Saguenay died after a similar collision.

On Sunday, a 56-year-old woman was killed in the Saguenay region after she was pinned down by her vehicle.

The fifth victim, a 52-year-old man, died after his jacket got tangled in his snowmobile track while he was doing repairs.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montreal/story/2010/02/08/quebec-snowmobilers-killed.html#ixzz0exFTUSHe

My sympathy to all there family and friends.

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the trail signage in Quebec is much worse than in Ontario ?

I guess that would depend on which Ontario club trail you are on.

Archived