Minden and Horseshoe and 12 mile lakes

bigdog1000

If you are running the rail line up from Kinmount (TOPB B103) it is very good. The "B" into Minden is also good. Since the TOP B out of Minden is closed (does not look like it will ever be open, ever again) take trail 4 out of Minden, through the Horseshoe lake area, up to Carnarvon. TOPB is open north of 118 to Pine Springs as is trail 16 to Ox Narrows.

Thanks,

I usually run the swamp on the otherside of the bridge in Minden onto Horsheshoe Lake and cross onto 12 Mile Lake near Ogopogo Lodge then over the 118 causeway onto Kashabog then onto Kushog. It is this route I am wondering about, but your way is our alternate. I could also run #1 out of Haliburton to Carnarvon.

MOst of the lakes are good. Swamps are fairly solid. Now I know where you mean. Just watch for some slush spots that are really mucky and deep.

I hit a whopper on Kushog! Slush straight up in the air.

Head Lake is the only lake staked. Haliburton, Kash, 12 mile, Halls, Bosh, Eagle, Moose are all being run, just watch for slush spots. Pretty thick, cracks in the ice have let water up and hence the slush....it was too cold and some lakes cracked in spots.

Be careful!!

Archived