Aylmer Area Trails

wannago

Would like to do some local riding on the weekend. Starting out on the Alymer trails and then head towards Port Burwell, Tillsonburg, Delhi ect.

We have never been on these trails and I don't have a district 5 map. The OFSC site has a map but not very detailed.

Can anyone from the area tell me the furthest north point that the Alymer trails begin? We live in Avon, would be great if we could just ride to the trails. I did see a groomer on Police College road on Sunday night but that is a little far to "road" ride to.

Thanks in advance for any help.

http://www.ontariosnowmobiletrails.com/District%205%202009%20guide.pdf

That's the link to the District on line map

I just happened to have rode there on Sunday, we parked at the no frills in the north end of Aylmer, the trail is right there. There are a few changes from the guide but generally it's close. Trails were good and lots of snow. The Aylmer Club meets up with the Southern Sno riders trails at Langton if your heading that way.

Thank you! Map is great on-line but way too small when I print it, I'll have to call around and see if I can find a District 5 map or a Trail Atlas around before we head out. Any suggestions?

Looks like our best bet will be to trailer to the No Frills or try and sled to Hacienda Rd. Really looking forward to this ride, this will be the first time in yrs that we haven't driven four hours to ride!

Actually I was calling on Customers today in the Simcoe,- Courtland area. Looks good at the road crossings, Groomer had been through.

I stopped at McKees in Delhi and picked up a map. May trailer to Turkey Point on Sunday AM and have ago at putting together a 140mile or so loop to the north and west of there.

• 2 weeks later...

Aylmer trail map has changed some from last year and the atlas. If you drop at the No-Frills, trail starts at the north of the parking lot follow the trail and it is marked at the first trail intersection "Langton-clubhouse" to the left. Go in the clubhouse they usually have a few maps in there. Then follow the trail towards Langton, the gas station in Langton should have copies of the snow riders trail map there, make sure you get one and you will be good to go. Was out that way last night and the trails were groomed before this last blast of white stuff. Lots of snow now here so you should have a good ride. I know what you mean by the four hour drive to the Burksfalls area as well. Nice to ride out the back door for a change.

Had to get out for a tour before the melt down,started from home just east of Tillsonburg, went around to Norwich, Delhi, Langton, trails are in nice shape, talked to the groomer operator at the warm up shack between Langton and Courtland, they are grooming 24 hrs., pile of maps at shack if you need one, nice night for a ride, 110 clicks, saw 3 deer and a coyote.

Better late than never I say...

We did have a great ride that weekend, a little too much road riding for my liking. However we did discover a different route on the way back that cut out a bunch of roads.

Got to Langton thinking we would stop for a late lunch, fuel up there (great guy at the gas station, told us to go inside to warm up and for the smokers to go ahead and have a smoke in his shop). Unfortunately no place to eat. We ended up jumping off the trail and heading to Andy's Corners. By now it's about 4:30. We were told that the "restaurant" is a drive-up which equals no seating! Was a very cold, cold day to be standing outside eating. No warming up that is for sure. Well the nice folks at Andy's are adding on and will eventually have indoor seating. They invited us in to sit down and warm up. Brought our food to us, let us use their washroom. A must stop for anyone in that area, they could not have been more accomodating.

Archived