Prince Edward County?

Turbo Burgo

Has anybody ridden the trail from the Percy Boom Clubhouse south to the trails south of the 401 in Prince Edward County?

They are listed as Open. Last year the trails (signage) ended one you crossed the 401 and we couldn't find the connecting trail once south of the 401. Does anybody know if the signage was put up in that area and if trail maintenance is being done?

From my understanding last year the town of Brighton didn't want anybody snowmobiling in their township so the signage and trail maintenance was terminated.

Has anybody ridden the trail from the Percy Boom Clubhouse south to the trails south of the 401 in Prince Edward County?

They are listed as Open. Last year the trails (signage) ended one you crossed the 401 and we couldn't find the connecting trail once south of the 401. Does anybody know if the signage was put up in that area and if trail maintenance is being done?

From my understanding last year the town of Brighton didn't want anybody snowmobiling in their township so the signage and trail maintenance was terminated.

That explains a lot ... it was definitely an issue! :curse:

I can't say for sure but I live in Wooler and the new Percy Boom River Rats groom up to Wooler now. they used to groom up to the service center on the 401 but it is under renovations this year and is closed. Also the tree huggers have prevented all motorized vehicles from traveling through the Brighton Game reserve other then the main road. This is where the trail used to go. Last year they tried to groom south from there into PEC. I know it was done once but then we had the melt down. There was also talk of getting the swing brdge in carrying place closed so we could use it as well but Quinte West is pretty anaul about allowing motorized vehicles on the old rail way bed. in fact it is signed no motorized vehicles. So really you aren't allowed on till almost Consecon. Sorry for the bad news. I'm heading down to the county tomorrow but will trailer it to the Bay and blast down to Rossmore then come back the tracks to the cannal and back across the bay.

Thats too bad that the trails don't connect, i'm still going to try it at least once this year. I wish the club or the OFSC would update the trail map, it shows it stills connects.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in touch with the River Rats exec asking about the Brighton Trail, I live on the bay in Brighton and would rather ride than trailer. Got a phone number for a guy that looks after the trails and was told he can answer my question, have to call him and see what he says.

As far as the old rail bed to get to PEC trails, the run from the Canal Rd to the trail head is less than 2km all in the woods and no houses around. Only crosses one road, county rd 26, which is the edge of Quinte West. Never seen an OPP giving out tickets and everyone still uses it. I think QW OPP know they have better things to do than watch that end of the rail bed. But make sure you stay off the on that runs in to Trenton that they do watch as runs right along Hwy 33 and there are houses everywhere

Just to let everyone know, the old rail line from Trenton to Consecon is impassable between Harbard Lane and Smokes Point rd. The bridge washed out a few years back and has never been fixed. Most times you can just drop on to the ice and get around but the warm weather today has created a lot water on top. Not sure if its open water or not, some have tried but I think they got wet doing it. You'll have to ditch bang up to Gardernille rd to get around it. About 2.5km on the road. Was not that bad this afternoon, but hard two up, as the snow is very heavy.

Since I posted above I have some new info. The club is only grooming to Carmen road, not to Wooler as I had mentioned. Brighton township won't let any signage or improvements happen to the old road allowances. They are supposed to review the clubs request at their meeting in March. The buggers say there is too much on their plate in January or February. They are just postponeing it till after the season! I've still been going down the road allowances but she is getting alittle rough.

Percy Boom is saying they now have a trail in place to gas station in Wooler (OFSC Website)

Archived