Mitchell area trails

jcerget1

Trail closed signs were still up late yesterday afternoon. I hope they soon open up. I'm land locked. Ellice, B&W, and Milverton are all still listed as closed and I live were B&W & Ellice meet at Monkton. So I can't go anywhere unless trailer, and the trailer away getting snowmobile friendly. I am starting to get a little frustrated. If they aren't going to open when the surounding trails are, then they need to start policing and chargeing the ones that are on the closed trails. I know that they can't be everywhere, but they need to do something.

trail out of monkton heading east, toward milverton and ellice swampers trails still has a closed sign up, as of early this aft...not sure why, i thought they were open? perhaps they forgot to take it down?

i didn't go out that way, but B&W trail from mitchell to monkton was good, as was swampers trail back from monkton via over by Broadhagen, and south of mitchell was good as well. odd rough spot, well not really rough, more like big ass frozen lumps of mud on trail here and there. just watch close not to hit them, and good to go. seen 1 bad field out toward Hensall but rest actually ok. very few bad spots

Didn't get out on the trails till tuesday. Went form Monkton, down through the swamp (not real great, don't think the groomer has been through to many times. the wet spots seem to be frozen over) headid to Shakespeare, then up to Almereem then over to Wellesley, then up to Milbank, then over to Listowel then back to Monkton. Trails were pretty good. 140k Today we went up to Conostoga Lake then over to Elmira for lunch at the Crossroads then headed down to St. Clements (there is water flowing over the low bridge but not unpasseble)then went through Linwood, Milbank, then went through the north end of the swamp then headed back to Monkton. Most trails were good. Need more snow around the Elmira area. 153k

Archived