Prince Edward County?

Turbo Burgo

Anybody ever ride around this area? I'd love to hear what the trails, scenery and area is like. Riding there tommorrow for the first time and i would like to know what i'm getting myself into. Are the trails rail beds, tight trails through forests, open fields, water crossings, etc? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Well we tried to head down to Prince Edward county but it seems the town of Trenton never did the signage this year (thats what the groomer told us in campbellford). We got down to the trail by the 401 and that was the last sign we saw :wtf: . We rode the roads and ditch banged for about an hour to find the trail and couldnt find anything. :angry: As soon as you cross the 401 there's no signs or even markers. Even the GPS and trail map couldnt help us. I'm very dissapointed. We met up with some others sledders that were trying to head to picton and couldnt find the trails either. I wish i had known about this prior to departing. I would have rode elsewhere on saturday.

i live in trenton and when i want to ride in the "county" i trailer down hwy 33 south of the 401 to consecon. the city of trenton doesn't want motorized trafic on the old rail bed and that sucks!! the percy boom river rats groomed a trail down that way last year but with the swing bridge being worked on this year in carrying place i think they decided it wouldn't be feasible this year. anyway if you jump on the tracks where they cross hwy 33 at consecon (about 10-15km south of the 401) you get on the "county trails" there is the one rail line from there to picton. there is alot of field running and some tight twisted woods trails as well. the best part about riding there is parking on the beach at the sandbanks provincial park and looking out over lake ontario. if you want to ride there again give me a yell and i'll try out my tour guide hat. ha ha

sorry i missed your post i was down in the sunny south last week.

Well we tried to head down to Prince Edward county but it seems the town of Trenton never did the signage this year (thats what the groomer told us in campbellford). We got down to the trail by the 401 and that was the last sign we saw :wtf: . We rode the roads and ditch banged for about an hour to find the trail and couldnt find anything. :angry: As soon as you cross the 401 there's no signs or even markers. Even the GPS and trail map couldnt help us. I'm very dissapointed. We met up with some others sledders that were trying to head to picton and couldnt find the trails either. I wish i had known about this prior to departing. I would have rode elsewhere on saturday.

Although the trails were in decent shape (for the most part), it was extremely frustrating trying to find the trail to Picton ... was really looking forward to doing that run. At least we tried, squid226! Here are some pics from the day ...

In front of the Tim's on Hwy 30 ...

District301-03-08001.jpg

District301-03-08002.jpg

At the junction of E108 ...

District301-03-08003.jpg

District301-03-08004.jpg

District301-03-08005.jpg

And the clubhouse there ...

District301-03-08006.jpg

Some trails were in great shape ...

District301-03-08009.jpg

District301-03-08010.jpg

District301-03-08014.jpg

... and others, not so much.

District301-03-08015.jpg

Another scenic shot from the E108 ...

District301-03-08020.jpg

Would definitely like to try to get to Picton again ... sitting on the beach at Sandbanks looking out at Lake Ontario sounds great!

Thanks squid226 ... despite not making it where we had originally planned, it was a good day!

It sure was a good day. You would think that the town of Trenton would notify the OFSC that the trail wouldnt be open this year as there was many sleds on Saturday trying to do that route. I'd like to know how many sleds have been turned around this year? Pretty poor of the town IMO. Pretty poor of the OFSC as well to not post that on their site. Hey Maple, after we toured back to Campbellford i took a tour North West through Hastings. That trail was beautiful and not beat up either. It runs along the Trent has has a 500+ ft bridge over the Trent. I got some awesome pics there. We can always do that trek next time.

It sure was a good day. You would think that the town of Trenton would notify the OFSC that the trail wouldnt be open this year as there was many sleds on Saturday trying to do that route. I'd like to know how many sleds have been turned around this year? Pretty poor of the town IMO. Pretty poor of the OFSC as well to not post that on their site. Hey Maple, after we toured back to Campbellford i took a tour North West through Hastings. That trail was beautiful and not beat up either. It runs along the Trent has has a 500+ ft bridge over the Trent. I got some awesome pics there. We can always do that trek next time.

Sounds like a great ride ... sorry I had to leave. I'm definitely in for next time!

next time you guys are headed that way get ahold of me. the trails are good down there but they aren't marked as well as they should be. Another way to get there is by way of the bay of quinte. you can ride it and get on the tracks south of the canal. Or get on the trails at rossmore just across the bridge from belleville

Archived