Red Pine, Big Hawk and Sherborne Lake

Fred,

I would like to run the lakes from the B trail over to Dorset. I read your previous comments that Redstone and Kennisis are staked, just wondering about Red Pine, Big Hawk and Sherborne. Are they safe and does HCSA stake them?

Thanks

The Trent Severn Waterway in preparation for a dry Spring was monkeying around with water levels already on the Hawk lakes and actually flooded the lake. It has since frozen over. It's not officially staked nor is Red Pine or Sherbourne. Those two are actually not in our system. Having said that you should be fine to run them. There will be some slush spots here or there and there is a lot of snow on top of the ice right now so you'll be plowing quite a bit. Try to find a path where others have run.

Tall pines may actually have staked Sherbourne this year. I haven't been through there yet. It's a fast run to Dorset up there. More snow overnight!! Should be a great weekend!

Yes, it was staked last year, didnt go on it last week, but the turn/gate off the Sherborne rd. where you have the choice to go that way or to St.nora was open and heavily travelled.

Judging by the surrounding lakes, ox norrows was frozen over at the time, it should be ok, the touchy spot being the narrows just after the dam as you get on the lake at the west end.

My neighbours and I were out for a run yesterday.Sherbourne had stakes at each end and at the narrows (two) where it's best to hop on land and avoid open water.Raven was staked and no problems.Kawagama staked and good running.We came down Red Pine from the little trail by the Tamarac Hunt Club,that way was not staked and heavy going with snow and just a touch or two of slush.Clear and Big Hawk staked and a packed trail.Weather was mild with wet snow.A good afternoon!!!!!!!!

Archived