Orillia north to Gravenhurst and back loop?

Kerry

Hi all,

Does anyone have a report on the trails from Orillia to Gravenhurst through Kashe and back.Is there some sort of reroute coming back by Kashe and Riley lakes or are the trails back on track there.Conditions on the east side would be appreciated.

Thanks Kerry

We did this loop today (B up to Gravenhurst where it bypasses the old B via D) back to Orillia via Snowcrest 15.

I would NOT recommend it. Nobody's fault. It's just that the B trail covers such rough terrain, it needs a good solid base and some good snow on top. This, unfortunately is sadly missing. I love the route, but the conditions were lousy due to the recent weather.

If anything, Snowcrest 15 was okay from Cooch to Gravenhurst but had seen some serious traffic since last grooming. Another foot of snow wouldn't hurt either. Some of the road runs are getting pretty thin.

Thanks for the reply OntRider.We are to get some snow this week, maybe that'll help.I know the east side of cooch was hurting from the thaw but am hoping it will be OK for a run next weekend.Any serious water holes?Are there changes to the B on that side or is it the same as past years?I thought there was a problem by the Victoria bridge or something.

Last year I only went as far as the #4 trail and cut back across to Severn bridge and back.It was thin there last year too.

Thanks Kerry

No waterholes to speak of, but very little snow coverage in some areas (some serious rock grinding) and lots of rolling bumps.

I am not familiar with the area so I am not sure about any other detours aside from the one at D/B that everybody knows about.

Great!Thanks a lot,now we just need some snow this week.

Kerry

Archived