Predictions for the re opening..

Fred Quimby

What are your predictions for the re opening of the Haliburton system?

I will bet that not all the trails will ever open fully beyond "limited", or not at all. Many will open by the 25th of January but just "limited".

I am no fortune teller but more like wishfull thinking!!! :roll:

Most of the north end will be Good, with the south end never making it past limited, except the rail trail.

Cheers all!!

It's too bad because conditions were excellent last week other than the water crossings not being ready - this thaw and re-freeze may help that situation. Last Wed night it went down to 37 below and was still 28 below by 10:00 the next day and now this- what a swing! :evil: . If we get the cold and snow all through next week as the long range is predicting I say two weeks and the rail line B trail, 1 and 9 will re-open as limited to good hopefully we kept a bit of a base in the bush as they had groomed all the trails.

Pray for cold and snow!

I am kicking myself for not riding more of the HCSA when I was up there for New Years. I did manage about 120 KM's through the Haliburton Forest which was amazing. I had a really wrenched back and it was very brutal riding. I should have eaten more Robaxacet and braved the wicked cold to sled more. I am regretting that now!

I might bet a beer or two the ride up to Whitney will be good after some snow flies. As much as I love the forum...I would rather be out there.

Cheers

tempas are dropping to -4 around my house and the ponds are starting to freeze again, the forecast for peterborough and area is 2 cm of snow tonight, so i would think if the temps stay down and get a couple nights of snow they'll be opening again by the end of january.

2007 didn't get my first ride in untill jan 28 lots of time left

Me too - I wished I had stayed up on the Saturday now. I was up by myself with my two kids after New Years and just tooled around the cottage. Wished now that I headed out to the trails. Oh well - calling for 5-10 cm up there today let's keep our fingers crossed and hope they get more than predicted - sorry to those who live up there and will have to push it out of the way.

Don't know about Haliburton but here in the Pembroke area we lost most of the snow out in the open areas, but we had all the trails well groomed and were sledding for a couple of weeks already. Most of the packed areas still have decent snow cover and the bush trails are rideable (barely) although closed temporarily, if we get 6" to 8" of snow we will resume limited grooming, btw we had close to 30" of snow before all this :evil::evil:

bmax

Just looking at the Haliburton webcam and watching the little base left run away with the yet another day of rain. How F@#$%^& nice is that. :twisted:

They predicted 10 to 15 cm's of snow last night...that never happened. The 5mm of rain did, and then even more.

Archived