sunday ride report

blue er

My issue is when others get on the "slag Haliburton" bandwagon when in fact their own home club trails are no better. Canadoo was quick to slag the HCSA for not grooming the B103 7 days a week, and their Presidents decision to delay grooming for safety reasons. Yet his own club trails are no better in Dorset! The D101B sees huge traffic and needs more frequent grooming that 5-6 days a week. I was merely pointing that tidbit out. Nobody seems to understand that it is not solely a grooming issue with the B103. There is a lot of unique dynamics with that trail that do not help matters.

It was only about 4 Winters ago that the D101B was a nightmare also..yet many forget.

I will argue that till the cows come home.

The season is done anyways so those that hate the trail so much can plan their own re routes to avoid Haliburton for next year. There are thousands who do enjoy it and the few that slag the system, can continue on..but make sure your own club trails are bang on first!

don't worry you guys need some lessons from klsc anyhow, still trying to figure out how at least 24 hrs after a storm i am trying to move a tree off your trail thats ungroomed that i can't move myself but hear how great you are , don't worry after so many yaers of hearing how great it is i am going back to only riding the trails that are decent and seem to want me there that's tmsc, klsc, paudash maple leafs and won't hurt my ass not to come over there, last time i did a rap tour hsca trails suckedballs too always the case . i won't be back and oh well 2000 mis informed permit buyers

Absolutely hilarious!

Will be 2150 permit buyers next year. The mob is growing. Are groomer operators paid in the hcsa and neighboring clubs? Anyways hopefully next year the south gets snow and it will take off rider pressure from central Ontario. Maybe we can have a grooming party next year. Get the club to buy 10 groomer drags for the back of sleds. Riders can drag them across the system and leave them for the next guy coming in. Only problem is they would disappear quick. Might eventually come to this. Grrrrrrrr

The HCSA does have paid groomers now. I dont know what is worse though? Volunteers who were committed to the sport,did a great job grooming.. yet hard to maintain due to burn out, or paid groomers who want a life besides grooming,and look at it as just a part time job.

I can't speak for the neighboring clubs groomers. I think quite a few are going that way or at least a mix of volunteer and paid. I have never seen it so busy this year up here, but that is good for the local economy!

There will always be those that slag the club. As will I when it's due. I e-mail them and voice my concerns also. Just to offer constructive criticism, not just bitch! I praise when it's due too.

If the club still has any small drags around it would be an idea to solicit a couple volunteers to use either the Tundra's the club has or the tracked ATVs to pull the single drags up and down the B103 in between visits from the big groomers? You need to find somebody close to the clubhouse/ B103 to do that, that would be the hard part.

HCSA is limited, but that was before this blast of white gold fell to help fix the rain and warm up the other day. They are grooming tonight!

Trails in the HCSA were in terrific shape! Best trails I have been on all year!

Fred Q..... any bad scratches?

Fred Q..... any bad scratches?

No I gave it a good going over. All is good. Buffed out a mark on the windshield but that is about it. Got an apology from the dealer and free pre-season next Fall. That is okay.

Hey on D101B, it is often groomed 7 times a week. it is not needed during the week to be groomed everyday. its only rough on a weekend afternoon, depending on snow conditions, right around town.

it will get groomed sometimes 4 times in a weekend.

My issue is when others get on the "slag Haliburton" bandwagon when in fact their own home club trails are no better. Canadoo was quick to slag the HCSA for not grooming the B103 7 days a week, and their Presidents decision to delay grooming for safety reasons. Yet his own club trails are no better in Dorset! The D101B sees huge traffic and needs more frequent grooming that 5-6 days a week. I was merely pointing that tidbit out. Nobody seems to understand that it is not solely a grooming issue with the B103. There is a lot of unique dynamics with that trail that do not help matters.

It was only about 4 Winters ago that the D101B was a nightmare also..yet many forget.

I will argue that till the cows come home.

The season is done anyways so those that hate the trail so much can plan their own re routes to avoid Haliburton for next year. There are thousands who do enjoy it and the few that slag the system, can continue on..but make sure your own club trails are bang on first!

you are misquoteing me & taking things way too personally, esspecially for someone not even involved in the day to day club operations.

I never said it should be groomed 7 days a week. D101B is often groomed 2 times in 24hrs on the weekend. the only consistently rough portion of that trail is usually right in/out of Dorset until you get to the dump, and south until you get past 61 to Raven Lake. Its usually a bit rougher up the hill after teh Raven lake landing, and thanks to the new reroute much better all the way down the 64 from there. It has been in excellent condition this season every weekend I've been on it. there was 1 day all year due to an operator not advising the club he couldn't make (about 9am) that it wasn't groomed 1st thing Saturday morning, and Garry quickly jumped in the groomer and went out there. That is dedication & i will support that until the cows come home.

most trails in Ontario will never need 7 day a week grooming, but many clubs do, some can't. HCSA is one of those clubs that probably do, and definitely have the resources to do it.. They advertises they groom 5 days a week, which makes it difficult to groom all of their trails in that 5 day schedule. Often some MSR clubs like ASC or Tall Pines groom 7 days a week in order to get all the trails up to snuff. doesnt' mean every trail is groomed EVERY day. Sometimes the groomer will be left out of the groomer shed, down the trail so a certain section can be gone over more, again, etc..

If you cant get out on friday night due to safety reasons, it should be a priority to get in the groomer satruday ASAP and groom out the moguls IF possible. that is exactly what both Tall Pines does often on D101B, and KLSC did a few weeks ago (when HCSA waited until the next "shift" late saturday night). They both go around their schedule to groom trails, as do many other clubs. I haven't seen that from HCSA, something to take away, that is all. I have noticed more active grooming this year and some good communication as well. nice to see the old B trail west of Minden opened up as well.

5 years ago Tall pines had some serious difficulties with the trails, maintenance and a different exec, its taken a lot of work to get some good operators, who are trustworthy, knowledgable and reliable. that is a huge battle for most clubs, esspecially small ones like Tall Pines.

it will take HCSA some time to turn things around because historically, no matter who you talk to in the area, will have somethign negative to say about HCSA trails mroe than any others. Just this year Doonut rode from Baysville area, across the B trail to Pembroke and HCSA trails were not only the roughest, they were the only rough trails they hit all day across multiple clubs... that is not a new thing to hear about HCSA trails unfortunately.

all the best & til next year!

Archived