Friday Riding Rant

FIRE242

In the past couple of years we have had so many close calls that we were tempted to just give it up. But we both love sledding so much that we couldn't do it. I used to lead all the time but my husband does now as he doesn't want me out front all time. We no longer go on all day rides as most of riding is done on the weekend and it can get pretty damn scary out there. 2-5hrs is enough and then we just enjoy being at the cottage. This past Saturday at the end of the ride he said to me, wow, do you ever have to being paying attention and always be ready for the sleds coming at you! I can tell we have slowed down considerably and are always ready for anything, wish other people would too. You would think that as a group comes at you and see that you have either slowed right down or stopped just off the trail that they too would slow down, most of the time nope, they just hammer down and carry on. So if you see us on the trails we will be the "slower" ones hugging the right side of the trail, but we will stop and motion you by. Sad it has come to this for us, but it beats the alternative.

Archived