Dorset?

Panterawill

Hello. I was wondering about the true trail conditions around Dorset (hope Im on the right forum). I checked the interactive trail guide last week and went to bracebridge where is was supposed to be green. Iwas not green. It was very brown. A waste of time and money.

I heard Dorset has alot of snow.

Can anybody recommend a good area to sled in? We are coming from toronto suburbs.

Thanks in advance

Will

Trails around Dorset and Haliburton are decent. There's some sketchy areas here and there. No fresh snow now in two weeks, and lots of riders. I would recommend staying in the Haliburton area if this is the area you want to sled in. The Pinestone is nice but pricey. Wig A Mog inn is also nice and both resorts are on HCSA trail 7. From there you can ride north or south or around Haliburton. Nobody has an amazing amount of snow unless you head to North Bay and beyond. This whole area needs a good 15 cms of fresh snow to be great again.

Fred is pretty much bang on there. I just got home last night, was on Kawagama sun-thurs, some great riding, but the need some snow badly. Lakes are starting to get staked slowly

Mon- around lake of bays, all pretty good, consistant snow levels, ran Dwight to South Portag on L.O.B., not staked though.

Tues- Dorset, to whitney, Lake st peter, eagle lake and back, ran Kennisis(not staked) and Redstone(staked on way home) great snow across the park to Whitney, definatly more snow to the east, awsome run down to Lake st.peter, back across to Eagle lk for gas, eagle and moose lk.s are staked

Wed - 101B to Kearney, bumpy north end,good snow, south on side trails from the Seguin to Deerhurst Quite low snow north of Deerhurst, not too good.

Thurs.- stuck around north end of Tall pines trails(awsome!!), shereborne trail, the same, Firehouse for lunch, B trail etc, all good but as mentioned more snow needed.Ran Kawagama north to Bear lk.(not staked)

So, there was definatly more snow to the east of here, we ran many non staked lakes but had some good local knowlwdge and didnt waste any time, so do so at your own risk. We shot down Boshkung from Ox narrows for gas and it was a bit sketchy in the narrows, all are rough from people running the slush before freeze up and no new snow, but more are being staked every day, Know before you go!!.. Tall pines poker run this weekend will be very busy, as Fred said maybe try Haliburton or east side of the Park

Cheers, Todd

Just got back from Parry Sound and the drive to Barrie was brutal. The area was getting hammered with snow squalls.

18 wheeler went into the guard rail a few seconds in front of me. Supposed to get 10 - 15 cm of new snow.

Finally!!

Archived