All booked!

ecarnell

Heading out Thursday early morning from Kincardine to new liskeard to drop off - then onto Kirkland lake for the night.

Plan to ride into Quebec to ruoyn neranda fir Friday night (pay the $50 day permit). Maybe do a loop after dinner.

Then sat run south back to new liskeard and then a long night home (have to work Sunday night).

Can't wait - finally going to get out for a good ride on the 2011 GSX!

We were going to do the RAP - but weather/snow/lakes/roads on the south turned us away this time. Maybe in march.

We are leaving from Dundak tomorrow morning Feb 8 to do the RAP, I will let you know how it was. New Liskard should be great.

Heading out Thursday early morning from Kincardine to new liskeard to drop off - then onto Kirkland lake for the night.

Plan to ride into Quebec to ruoyn neranda fir Friday night (pay the $50 day permit). Maybe do a loop after dinner.

Then sat run south back to new liskeard and then a long night home (have to work Sunday night).

We were going to do the RAP - but weather/snow/lakes/roads on the south turned us away this time. Maybe in march.

Sounds great, looking forward to your trail reports.

I thought Quebec was free this weekend?

We are leaving from Dundak tomorrow morning Feb 8 to do the RAP, I will let you know how it was. New Liskard should be great.

you are leaving FROM Dundalk to ride to the RAP and then do the RAP,,,or you are trailering from Dandalk to do the RAP

We have plans to start the RAP on Thursday of next week, starting from Mattawa. I'm looking forward to your trail report.

Long early drive today from Kincardine to new liskeard (5am, pickup sled in grave hurst, 12pm arrive in new liskeard.).

Took our time eating at pizza hut, unloading, packing. Someone forgot there snowmobile jacket, so I'm sporting the "fall grey Eddie bauer edition overcoat", with orange fx pants.... Hope I'm warm enough tomorrow and sat (-23 to -27).

Ran 106 miles for NL to elk lake over to kirkland comfort inn. Note to self, beer store closes at 6pm.

Trails were as good as they can be expected - no complaints at all!

The new GSX 1200 is the cats ass of touring sled. Only complaint is 1" track in the lose sugar snow in NL (2012 are 1.25"). Bars, heated and soft seat, on the fly suspension adjustment, gauges, great shield and mirrors, awesome power of the 1200, list goes on and on....

Sled pulled 98 in the sugar and later 105 (all speedo) numerous times.

Long early drive today from Kincardine to new liskeard (5am, pickup sled in grave hurst, 12pm arrive in new liskeard.).

Took our time eating at pizza hut, unloading, packing. Someone forgot there snowmobile jacket, so I'm sporting the "fall grey Eddie bauer edition overcoat", with orange fx pants.... Hope I'm warm enough tomorrow and sat (-23 to -27).

Ran 106 miles for NL to elk lake over to kirkland comfort inn. Note to self, beer store closes at 6pm.

Trails were as good as they can be expected - no complaints at all!

The new GSX 1200 is the cats ass of touring sled. Only complaint is 1" track in the lose sugar snow in NL (2012 are 1.25"). Bars, heated and soft seat, on the fly suspension adjustment, gauges, great shield and mirrors, awesome power of the 1200, list goes on and on....

Sled pulled 98 in the sugar and later 105 (all speedo) numerous times.

You'll love the sled the more you ride it. 1.25" track is the only way to go. Looking forward to the rest of your reports.

Made it to the yamaha dealer in rouyn noranda to pick up our day permit.

First 40 miles out of Ontario were pretty slow - as a110 was only recently groomed (half the trail was sapling). Other 20 in Quebec pretty good!

Rear suspension on the GSX is awesome - and conditions this am are fine for the 1".

Cold this am at minus 23, and having some problems with mh heated shield (+10 seasons) need to upgrade soon!

Off for any early lunch at the petro can then a loop to Amos and we are staying in la sarre tonight.

Ours dads are keeping up pretty good so far(66 and 67, I think..)

Brrrrr minus 29 in la sarre right now.

Had a beautiful run today (but cold) in Quebec . Had lunch in rouyn - then a loop east to sentierre - Amos - then to la sarre.

230 miles.

Little old mans couch may have hit 110 today on the speedo... This GSX is a great sled!

Think we meet 12 sleds today and 3, yes THREE groomers....these trails were awesome in the afternoon.

My dads 600 etec though was always 2-3 liters less each 20l fill up.

Going to run to rouyn then to the truck in NL then home :(

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif:rotflmao:

Some pics -

Heading into Quebec

post-21956-0-30137500-1329055082_thumb.jpg

Pic of the bocats and vid:

post-21956-0-82203800-1329055042_thumb.jpg

Got our sticker!

post-21956-0-39077000-1329055123_thumb.jpg

Smooth Trails all day:

post-21956-0-28674100-1329055113_thumb.jpg

cold Sat morning in La Sarre

post-21956-0-16630400-1329055053_thumb.jpg

Crappy Eddie bauer jacket - 7 layers that day!

post-21956-0-74452600-1329055073_thumb.jpg

Happy at minus 35!:

post-21956-0-92430000-1329055103_thumb.jpg

Speedo malfunction....

post-21956-0-95914600-1329055129_thumb.jpg

Hmmm...

post-21956-0-66234300-1329055094_thumb.jpg

Archived