Top "C" Trail North of Sudbury

Auld Reekie Lodge

OKAY.....won t be here Thursday.....dr appointment. See you Friday.......will let you know how trail is. Brandon just went out on sled to follow groomer and see how he is

Kelly

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep the carpet warm. Looks like we'll be back near the end of February, this time we'll turn left...

Kelly, if we get back up there again I certainly hope you will be able to keep with us old guys, this time!

Hey now.....not to mention who, but I surpassed one of you......haha

Kell

Keep the carpet warm. Looks like we'll be back near the end of February, this time we'll turn left...

Can you stay up with us this time? haha

Kell

Hey now.....not to mention who, but I surpassed one of you......haha

Kell

Well one is better than nothing, had a great time and :D thanks for all the company... :cheers:

Kelly, do you have a 4 bedroom open on the 5th? Sound,s like about 8 in total for now,

Thanks, Rich

I have a 10 man open....

Let me know

Kelly

any up date on the new "C" trail, is it open yet, looking at heading up next wednesday or thursday

Ed

we are in Gowganda now , we went west out the 107 to the new C intersection , we went down maybe 5 Ks or so and turned around asit was getting dark , it was groomed up but no signs yet , everything around here is in good shape with lots of snow , were doing Kirkland Lake tommorrow , calling for -20 tonight things should be good

awesome, thanks for the update. i was in your neck of the woods on Saturday and went up to Sprucedale and around to Dorset and back. 200 plus miles and couldnt believe how good it was. not a lick of snow in Barrie yet from Bracebridge up was great.

any up date on the new "C" trail, is it open yet, looking at heading up next wednesday or thursday

Rode back from 3 bears today, Not bad for the first pass, Kelly thought they were going again

tonight as well. STP was on there way up so its in nice shape.

660 k in 2 days, all great trails!!

Never saw a sled all day today on the trails!!

Rich

Thanks a lot Rick, is it any longer then going up the old C trail or about the same. just looking at it from a fuel perspective if we fuel up at Rocky's we should be good. btw are they running the lake yet accorss to the North River?

Thanks a lot Rick, is it any longer then going up the old C trail or about the same. just looking at it from a fuel perspective if we fuel up at Rocky's we should be good. btw are they running the lake yet accorss to the North River?

We filled at 3 bears & next was at the Sportsman Lodge, I was told its now staked from Rockys as well

no problem for gas. i had 10 liters left over!

The lake is staked from the north end along 71 and to Skead. The section from the tee on the lake to the lake trail and C115D (62) had a couple of large slush sections.

thanks for all the info guys, looks like things are rocking in the North. cant wait to get out. maybe we will see you on the trails next week.

Okay, Derek has done to Sudbury again and it is all signed. He will be heading North Friday. I heard that Gogama groomer is down and that end of the trail is a little rough......spoke to Pat at Minawkwa Lodge and groomer is expected to be fixed by Thursday.

Kelly

We filled at 3 bears & next was at the Sportsman Lodge, I was told its now staked from Rockys as well

no problem for gas. i had 10 liters left over!

If you are going from Sudbury to Shining Tree is there gas in between these two points?

I think it is about 145 miles between these two destinations and this distance will be pushing the limitations of our gas tanks!

We too will be doing the C trail route and it sounds l like we should fill up at Rockys first as SledEd mentioned above.....is that in Capreol right off the C trail?

Thanks!

Hey Kelly, the Hydroids are heading up next Thursday, do you have a cabin available for us? :hyper:

If you are going from Sudbury to Shining Tree is there gas in between these two points?

I think it is about 145 miles between these two destinations and this distance will be pushing the limitations of our gas tanks!

We too will be doing the C trail route and it sounds l like we should fill up at Rockys first as SledEd mentioned above.....is that in Capreol right off the C trail?

Thanks!

Rocky's is on the west shore of Wanapitei. There is a gas station in Capreol as well. If you're coming from east of Wanapitei Lake, you might want to check if Pine Falls Lodge & Sportsmans have gas.

In 2010, we left Pine Falls Lodge w/ our tanks full & filled @ Shining Tree. It's 114 miles & my 600SDI took 26 L.

Thanks!

All of our Sudbury traffic fuel here when they come up........not very often do they run out...

Hey Kelly, the Hydroids are heading up next Thursday, do you have a cabin available for us? :hyper:

Yes, that is the only night one is open.......will get the sambuca and carpet ready :drool-1:

Rocky's is on the west shore of Wanapitei. There is a gas station in Capreol as well. If you're coming from east of Wanapitei Lake, you might want to check if Pine Falls Lodge & Sportsmans have gas.

In 2010, we left Pine Falls Lodge w/ our tanks full & filled @ Shining Tree. It's 114 miles & my 600SDI took 26 L.

Rocky's has regular only and Sportsman is premium only. Both had fuel on this past weekend.

Pine falls has a 10 liter limit per sled,

sportsman as said is High test, 1.70/liter

We will be coming around the west side of Lake Wanapitei so it sounds like we will be best to top up in Capreol as it looks like that is closest to the C trail that we will be on vs. heading east over to Rocky's and than back over to the C trail.

We should actually make it to 3 Bears without topping up, but best to be safe than sorry......not sure how all the other sleds in our group will fair in fuel.....

All of our Sudbury traffic fuel here when they come up........not very often do they run out...

Thanks for reassurance......see you this Sunday!

Archived