Top "C" Trail North of Sudbury

Auld Reekie Lodge

Guys, this is great news and it's great to see volunteers come together in times of need like this. Trails like this C trail are critical for the sledders and of course the businesses that rely on these sledders.

Great job by 3 Bears, Auld Reeki and all the volunteers!

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, you should post this on the Go Snowmobiling Facebook page! Over 2500 people on it. Show people what is involved to keep the main route between Sudbury & Timmins open.

Good work gang!

Just heard from Dereck......he has come back to get the groomer. While the boys are brushing and chainsawing, Dereck is going to head over and start grooming and dropping some Timmins, Sudbury and Gowganda signs. That way tommorow the boys can get it signed and Dereck plans to go out again Tuesday to do the whole system up here and she'll be all PRETTY for next weekend.

FYI

Pat just called from Minakwa Lodge in Gogama.......he is done grooming, signing and staking the lake.......good to go for Timmins also

kelly

Kelly, thank the guys very much for all work.!

Thanks Kelly for all your efforts and timely updates.

Just heard from Dereck......he has come back to get the groomer. While the boys are brushing and chainsawing, Dereck is going to head over and start grooming and dropping some Timmins, Sudbury and Gowganda signs. That way tommorow the boys can get it signed and Dereck plans to go out again Tuesday to do the whole system up here and she'll be all PRETTY for next weekend.

FYI

Pat just called from Minakwa Lodge in Gogama.......he is done grooming, signing and staking the lake.......good to go for Timmins also

kelly

Wow, that's all that I can day right now. Not!!! Cheers and a BIG THANK YOU for all whom have volunteered, gave the free lodging and food for them. And especially to Kelly for pushing to get this done.

Glad to see Sudbury to Timmins is going to be open. Thanks to all the volunteers that are doing the brushing and to the businesses that are donating their accommodations and food.

Welcome, Darkside.

Kudo's. I may be up for a ride in feb. Love the route from sportsmanship up to shining tree. Never been up the hydro line, so that will be different scenery for me. Will miss the regular c trail for sure.

Glad to see Sudbury to Timmins is going to be open. Thanks to all the volunteers that are doing the brushing and to the businesses that are donating their accommodations and food.

Did you cut your hair or shave yet?

Kelly, w/ this new route do the guys figure the trail will stay this was to keep off the roads?

Did you cut your hair or shave yet?

Not yet LOL :lmao:

Kelly, w/ this new route do the guys figure the trail will stay this was to keep off the roads?

Yes, mostly on a hydro line.......

However, ran into some complications tonight, a Shining Tree resident went out to rescue our groomer operator.....seems the groomer is stuck on the new trail. :angry-smiley-005:

I am sure all this hard work will pay off. AGAIN thanks for the help

Kelly

Well.....more bad news.....the Gowganda groomer went out to pull our groomer out and blew a tire. Now Dereck and Brandon have gone to help Urs out and maybe have to change a tire on the trail. OMG I think it may have been easier to drop a bomb down to clear this. Poor guys. We will keep you posted. :Drinking2:

Here's to Slim and Brandon, i was there at Three Bears in 1993 when the first Groomer came up from Sudbury. if memory serves me it was Randy Godden from Northern Power Tool and Marine. We had to go and get him out at the top of Sandy Lake Road and bring him into Three Bears Camp. Slim feed and watered the big guy and we took him back to the Tucker and south bound he went. 20 years ago almost to the day, where has the time gone, wish i could have made it up Kelly to help with the re-routing project. You guys always seem to pull a rabit out of the hat, see you in a couple of weeks.

Sled Ed

Here's to Slim and Brandon, i was there at Three Bears in 1993 when the first Groomer came up from Sudbury. if memory serves me it was Randy Godden from Northern Power Tool and Marine. We had to go and get him out at the top of Sandy Lake Road and bring him into Three Bears Camp. Slim feed and watered the big guy and we took him back to the Tucker and south bound he went. 20 years ago almost to the day, where has the time gone, wish i could have made it up Kelly to help with the re-routing project. You guys always seem to pull a rabit out of the hat, see you in a couple of weeks.

Sled Ed

The Godden's are awesome people ! Partied with them lots just plain good folks.

you bet, i bought my first sled from them and have never looked back

A few guys I know went up and are back now, they said the boys were working there asses off. Sorry to hear the rescue groomer had issues. Also like to add one of the guys that was up was saying what a great groomer operator the guy running the machine with them is. Kudos to all that are getting this done, great effort to open the North from sudbury . Thanks to everyone involved!!! :bun:

Sled Ed

I was fortunate to hear Slim(I believe he introduced himself as "Shining Tree Slim") address the delegates at an AGM in either North Bay, Kitchener-Waterloo or Niagara Falls many years ago. At that time I had never ridden in Northern Ontario. He was very passionate about the North. In the following years we have lost our "Northern Trails" virginity and prefer to ride in the North over any other part of the province.

I just returned from the area. We had a geat ride. We got a bit lost and rode the new "C", it will be a very nice trail once complete.

I have ridden a few of these northern trails. I have never seen a group of people pull together to get something done. We had the pleasure of meeting Diane and Urs at Auld Reekie, George from the Sportsman and a bunch of others had just returned from working on the reroute, they were just sitting down for something to eat at 8:00. These people had been out working all day so we could ride this trail. They spent the day away from their families and businesses for us.

Earlier in the day we stopped at the Sportsman for some gas and lunch, it was Donna, all by herself helping with gas, preparing meals and serving them. There are people 100 miles away contributing to this effort.

My sincerest thanks to all of the volunteers, without you this would not be possible.

Well, here is the latest...both groomers are going home now. Dereck is going to try again tommorow.......but is going around the bog this time...haha. A big thank you to all the time and effort Dereck and Urs have put into this rescue mission. Will keep everyone posted on the Sudbury trail. Again thanks to all.

Kelly

Kelly, Urs and all, there is not much more i can say that hasnt been said, you guys are the greatest along with all of the volunteers. Urs; i will make sure to stop by your lodge in a couple of weeks to share a story or two. i have been there before but will make a point to stop by and say hello. again thanks to everyone for opening up the "C" trail

Sudbury groomer has been up C and is now making the return run as I type this.

AWESOME......will post as soon as I hear from Derek re his run through the re route, that way I know whether to get a waitress in here for Saturday.....oh well, if not it will be soup and sandwich or chili and toast (the best chili you will ever have by the way...haha) and me RUNNING.

Kelly

AWESOME......will post as soon as I hear from Derek re his run through the re route, that way I know whether to get a waitress in here for Saturday.....oh well, if not it will be soup and sandwich or chili and toast (the best chili you will ever have by the way...haha) and me RUNNING.

Kelly

We will be up on Friday, I want a reuben and fries!!

look forward to seeing you!

Archived