Gowganda,Elk lake, Matachewan Trails Updates

Gowganda Lake Camp

Ron, I don't know which sled Brad has more fun on, the REVs or the Elan. When we came back from an afternoon ride last Sat'. He got the Elan fired up & probably rode around the yard for another hour.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trails update Feb 13 :)

"A" trail north of Elk Lake toward Kirkland Lake - good condition

C106A from the A trail through Matachewan to the top of the L136 - good condition

A107C from Gowganda to Elk Lake - good condition

A107C from Gowganda toward Shining tree and the C trail - good condition

L136 - currently still closed - hopefully opening Wed or thursday of this week. :unsure: ( just some brushing, signing, and a final groom left to do)

We are expecting a slight warm-up over the next three days. I don't think it will affect us much. The highways will most likely melt down but we have eliminated almost all of that kind of riding.

Happy Sledding everyone !

Ron

See you on Sat' Ron.

Do you know if there are any other sledders staying there on the weekend?

Yup another 3 to 5 inchs tonight, bring it

And we got the L136 open yesterday should show on todays map.

Mike went out today to finish up a little brushing

snow bridge worked well and in good shape.

Yup another 3 to 5 inchs tonight, bring it

And we got the L136 open yesterday should show on todays map.

Mike went out today to finish up a little brushing

snow bridge worked well and in good shape.

Hey , welcome to the forum.. Yep L136 is now green on the map. Did you find it a little easier to go through this time ?? :D

Hey Ron

you bet, got to ride it this time instead of digging the 800 out every km

looks great with the brushing done.

just dont step off the groomed trail.

had a group go through today said they had a blast.

they were breaking trail most of the way with 5/6 in's of fresh snow on it.

that trail is a snow magnet

the new snow should really top things off up there , im listening to the rain on my skylight right now

Hey Guys new to this forum... We are riding out of Temiskaming Shores starting next Thursday and could really use some local advice on some good loops from this location ? Any must do trails ?

There are 5 of us and we are are fine with putting on 250 miles in a day. Any Suggestions or advice would be really appreciated!

One destination on our list is Shinning Tree and 3 Bears.... can anybody tell me how many miles to there? Saw the L136 is now open - Will the C106A trail be opening North of there?

Thanks!

Mark.

How's the small river crossing on 136?

Hey Quickie...

Crossing is good with lots of snow on it. Most of the trail is brushed wider than in years too. Still some to do but had a group come back through there tonight and trails were all good. About 5-6 inches of snow today and still falling so trails should be really good after the next groom.

Will call you on those dates too...

Ron

Hey Guys new to this forum... We are riding out of Temiskaming Shores starting next Thursday and could really use some local advice on some good loops from this location ? Any must do trails ?

There are 5 of us and we are are fine with putting on 250 miles in a day. Any Suggestions or advice would be really appreciated!

One destination on our list is Shinning Tree and 3 Bears.... can anybody tell me how many miles to there? Saw the L136 is now open - Will the C106A trail be opening North of there?

Thanks!

Mark.

Hey Mark..

Just about any loop you pick is going to be good. I hope Liskeard is getting this snow too. Head toward kirkland one day, to shining tree another. the C106 will not open west of the L136 as there is logging on the shining tree end.( bummer that is a good loop too)

If you make it throug gowganda stop in and say hi..

Ron

Mark, check the link in my sig' for mileage info. All the mileage info that you should need.

Hey Quickie...

Crossing is good with lots of snow on it. Most of the trail is brushed wider than in years too. Still some to do but had a group come back through there tonight and trails were all good. About 5-6 inches of snow today and still falling so trails should be really good after the next groom.

Ron

Ron,

When do you expect more grooming to take place? Do they groom on a set schedule or on an as needed basis?

See you Saturday

Kyle

Thanks guys.... Cool site. Looks like Shinning Trees is a little further than I thought... LOL

Ron, will try and plan a stop at your place!

Ron,

When do you expect more grooming to take place? Do they groom on a set schedule or on an as needed basis?

See you Saturday

Kyle

Hey Kyle

The norm is to get every trail groomed once a week, but usually after a good snowfall the club trys to get everything groomed back up asap.

Do you know if there are any other sledders staying there on the weekend?

Revrnd

I will have a small group with me there saturday.

I hope to meet the famous maker of the Ontario databases. Happy riding

Max

Revrnd

I will have a small group with me there saturday.

I hope to meet the famous maker of the Ontario databases. Happy riding

Max

We'll be rolling in Sat' afternoon.

We'll be rolling in Sat' afternoon.

Sounds good, we are in COchrane now, doing the canyon tour tomorrow and heading to gowganda on Saturday. We are on 3 skidoo 1200s and a artic turbo.

Good, you'll be update us on the trails for our Sun' leg.

Good, you'll be update us on the trails for our Sun' leg.

Revrnd,

Only update I can give is my skidoo 1200 gave up on me with 9k miles, water pump let go today. No canyon run, no Giselle homemade meal just a long trip back to Northbay with a Uhaul truck and my broken sled. Should be able to get her going again for another trip. Catch you next time, have fun and be safe.

Max

Archived