Gowganda,Elk lake, Matachewan Trails Updates

Gowganda Lake Camp

we use photobucket

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trails update Sunday March 4

We picked up close to another foot of snow Friday night and through the day Saturday. Last night the temps dropped to the - 20's and the groomers were out fixing the trails up again.

A107c from Gowganda to Ctrail (shining tree) groomed last night

The "A" trail north of Elk Lake and the C106a from the A trail to Hwy 65 also groomed last night

A107C from Gowganda to Elk lake to be groomed tonight

C106A through matach and the top of L136 scheduled to be groomed tonight

Gowganda side L136 should either be tonight tomorrow .

Nice cold temps at night will help the trails set up nice!!!! :)

Ron

Cool. Too bad I am done riding for the year, no holidays left.

- 20 , 1 foot of snow , and a groomer , sounds like a good combo Ron

Found this on the trail near Gowganda Lake Lodge

post-21830-0-46835300-1330909237_thumb.jpg

We left this morning from Gowganda Lake Lodge.

Mint trails towards Quebec. Huge drifts.

Groomwer went towards Shining Tree, so even better that way.

muskoka man it was a great combo except we only had about 10km of fresh groomed beauty until the rail line from Elk lake and that was a thing of beauty. Cold day but a great one.

Looks like the beginning of the end...... It was warm today but no rain so farand the trails holding up. Supposed to get cold again starting tomorrow morning with a dusting of snow and staying that way until Sunday. But.. If the weather man sticks to his forcast from Sunday on it looks like sledding will be over . Just have to wait and see . The weather man has been known to change his/her mind before. :cry:

Ron

Ron ,look at my thread in main clubhouse on D trail , that is what you call done for the year , looks like me and winston timed it right this year

We left this morning from Gowganda Lake Lodge.

Mint trails towards Quebec. Huge drifts.

Groomwer went towards Shining Tree, so even better that way.

muskoka man it was a great combo except we only had about 10km of fresh groomed beauty until the rail line from Elk lake and that was a thing of beauty. Cold day but a great one.

Sounds like they made it to Quebec never to be heard from since... :ph34r:

Ron ,look at my thread in main clubhouse on D trail , that is what you call done for the year , looks like me and winston timed it right this year

ouch! Yep that ones done for sure. If we get the temps next week forcasted it won't take long to look like that here too .

We made it! We rerouted to LaSarre a day early to avoid the risk of being rained out in Matagami with nothing to do but stare at hotel walls.

Ran out of LaSarre for a local run today. tomorrows route will be trail condition dependent. We will likely head towards our favorite place, Gowganda Lake Lodge, and then run locally out of there Friday.

Joining us for a ride Ron?? ;)

The trails were in pretty good shape towards Shining Tree yesterday and still looked pretty good towards Elk Lake today from what we could see from the road. Closer to Liskeard (fields) only had an icy trail base left.

Thanks to Ron & Giselle for a our 3 great nights at Gowganda Lake Lodge. You are truly fantastic hosts.

Thanks to Ron & Giselle for a our 3 great nights at Gowganda Lake Lodge. You are truly fantastic hosts.

x2

We had a wonderful stay. Launched from Gowganda on our 'Border Tour' (Ontario-Quebec-Ontario) and then spent two days there at the end of our trip.

x2

We had a wonderful stay. Launched from Gowganda on our 'Border Tour' (Ontario-Quebec-Ontario) and then spent two days there at the end of our trip.

What a coincidence..... So did I!!! ;)

Archived