Stoney Lake Sno Riders Update

revrnd

Feb 2013

• 4 weeks later...

From yesterday's ride in the area. This was shot on the forest access road west of Jack's Lake.

NOTE 2012 SEASON

• 1 year later...

On Sat' I was down E107 to the Jack's Lake area. Trail was in decent shape. The club has done some work on the trail about halfway between McFadden's & Sharpe's Bay roads. Also in the fall they did some bulldozing on 706 south of Hwy 504.

I was talking to 1 of the young guys today & the stake line is in place on Chandos.

• 4 weeks later...

Good job on keeping riders updated - we did lots of trail repairs south of apsley and chandos last fall. Hope we can ride till end of march.

• 11 months later...

Rode the stake line on Jack's Lake this afternoon. First time on the lake since the early 80s. I'm not sure how long the club has been staking a trail up the lake. 

post-19781-0-93701900-1393457647_thumb.jpg

The portion of the trail shown in red is not groomed. There is an ice road crossing marked w/ a lot of red tape at the east end of Sharpe's Bay (marked by red flag on map). This may not be visible @ night. 

Also, the lake portion of the trail is rutted since someone must've run the trail when it was soft last week. Be careful crossing it.

E107 had been groomed to Apsley & past the BDSC jct, to the north. Near the south junction of 708, the trail needs a bit more loose snow, the sliders were sticking a bit.

Thanks for the update. I am hoping to get out there next week sometime.

• 11 months later...

Did a loop down & around the bottom of Little Jack's. E107 was in good shape. Jack's Lake has been staked. There is a bit of slush.

There is no ice road in Sharpe's or McCoy bays, but there is a plowed road from the landing & heading east on Brooks' Bay.

Archived