Shining Tree Trails

3 Bears

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is funny how the trail just goes from wide to goat path at the West side of Campbell lake... shoot across the lake up by the camp site and now your on the Elk Lake trail blazers trails if I am not mistaken. Great blast towards Matachewan. L136 is one of those hidden gems really. It is a beautiful access road almost all the way down to Gowganda except for the few km's in the middle that a groomer can't run through.... taking this route to Gowganda saves about 100K vs going all TOP trails.

Last time we were on L136,it was impeccably groomed on the north and south ends and the part in the middle reminded me of the trails home in Pennsylvania.I may have slightly broken the speed limit.I'll never forget that ride.Hope to get back on it soon. :drool-1:

Great, this is part of a possible day for me and L143 is a much nicer short cut to Gowganda, especially down L136 as well.

You would have to talk to the Timmins club regarding that......but in December we had a meeting with the district heads and the MNR for this area and we were all told we cannot use Grassy as parts of the road are too narrow to share with the groomer.

Kelly

Kelly were going to try and get up from our place on Long Point lake, between gowganda and elk lake. I heard Urs groomed form gowganda towards you guys, have you guys done the section towards gowganda? Also can we go from your place to gogama?

I know we have not done our side, will taalk to the groomer op today......see what we can do as that trail hits Sandy Lake Road and it is being graded for logging. Also, our trail to Gogama is done, but I spoke to Pat and they are not near ready to start grooming as there is not enough snow on the CLIFF and he is trying to replace a bridge with an ice bridge and it is not cold enough yet.

Kelly

Any chance your heading towards gowganda? Planning on coming up this week. Was hoping the elk lake guys get out too.

Spoke to the Elk Lake Club,,Gowganda has only packed and not groomed and IF they get the snow being called for, Ron may get out Monday

Kelly

Groomer is going out to do the trail across from our driveway over to Sandy Lake Road.......I have just heard from the Sportsman Lodge that Sudbury is done up to our trail....will know when groomer gets back how badly Sandy Lake Road is plowed and whether or not it is rideable. A logging company just called me to let me know they will be plowing Grassy Lake Road next week.....so our trail is re routed to Timmins, however Gogama has not started grooming as of yet.

Kelly

Thanks for all of the updates the last 4 posts before this one were from you, Hope we can get up there soon. Glad to hear you will have room for us...

I wouldn't worry about people from New York. I would be a little more nervous about mice with blow up dolls. :icon_tinykitball:

Ok, you smart-ass SOB ;-) ,before I really get going.................... what do you think ( I won't hold you to it) the trail conditions will be in and around your place the weekend of the 27th ??

(If trails are good, I'll be happy to leave my blow up sheep for you. Giselle says she would thank me ! :-P )

KELLY !!

Be careful about ANYONE from western New York !

Film at 11 !

It's 11 o'clock do you know where your mice are?

Well here it is......

Derrick is back from grooming...He has done the trail across the road from us that takes you to Sandy Laake Road headimg to Sudbury. He turned around there as he says there is enough snow to ride up here, but if he had groomed it it would have been not so great, as the logging company just finished their work. We got hit with more snow overnight. So I think the ride will be good. Derrick will be doing to Sudbury this weekend....I think Sunday. Then he will do to Gogama again and then start signing.

FYI.....will be a limited menu until our food truck can get here. You know...soup and sandwich, chili and toast, burgers.....etc

Hope to see all soon as it is already a late season. Will post after lunch how the guys coming up for lunch found the ride.

Kelly

Hi Kelly. I'm guessing that your finally over the fact that Mr 5 time is no longer ? Make sure the banner is changed to read 99

Make sure the banner is changed to read 99

That' happens & bad things might happen to the place. Another "Mr Unexcitement" from the Roush camp. Glad Tony won. How many wins for "Backflip Boy" in the Chase?

That' happens & bad things might happen to the place. Another "Mr Unexcitement" from the Roush camp. Glad Tony won. How many wins for "Backflip Boy" in the Chase?

Consistency is what counts. 99 better average finish than 5 time in 6 years. Had 02 finish better in reg season Smoke would not of even made the chase. 14 does nothing for ages, fires his CC and then he wins alot = fishy ? (14 had hendrick engine that Chad likely had passed thru his hands) For excitment I would cheer for a Busch lol.

Going over later today to check the trail..........was informed last night that Sandy Lake Road HAS BEEN PLOWED

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Kelly

We would like to ride into Shining Tree from North Bay in 2 weeks then ride to New Liskeard. Anyone with information about any of those areas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

We would like to ride into Shining Tree from North Bay in 2 weeks then ride to New Liskeard. Anyone with information about any of those areas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Where are you going to be on what dates do you think ? We (3 couples) might be in the same area at the same time. I only ask because I'm trying to avoid SnowBerg !

Calling Eacom today.....had 3 sledders show yestarday and they confirmed that Sandy Lake Road is plowed. They have done this even though the forestry called me Thursday to say they were done until March 24 with the road. Will be calling soon and will keep you posted. :angry-smiley-005: Gogama has not as of yet groomed...butr will be by Thursday. Had sledders trailer here and did a Timmins run and further......said it was amazing.....so that is an option right now.

FYI....I now understand why Brandon is stepping down and this maybe my last year due to the lack of help from OFSC and the NOT backing of their moto BUY WHERE YOU RIDE. Hence, on top of the trail problems, money being pulled out of our club recently.

SOOOOO sorry

Kelly

Wow Kelly, that is really too bad. Are you still getting atv's in the summer time. This whole sport is in trouble. The ofsc is a pain in the butt. Time to do regional trails again.

Wow Kelly, that is really too bad. Are you still getting atv's in the summer time. This whole sport is in trouble. The ofsc is a pain in the butt. Time to do regional trails again.

Yes, it is too bad....I really enjoy it, but we will still be here. Tons of ATV s.

We ran into trouble with a large lot of permits that are sold to people with camps up here who ride here and ATV here but reiside in another (much richer) diistrict.And I guess I misunderstood BUY WHERE YOU RIDE??????????????????? So I am curious to see how this many trails will run on the sale of 21 permits sold to the people who live in the STTP area....lol

Kell

Archived