When will they open

steveo

Hey guys & gals,

Happy New Years to all and hopefully everyone had a safe a fun christmas. Now that we're into a new year winter finally seems to be here, I'm wondering when the trails will start getting packed, I see some clubs all around us are starting to do so but I havent seen anything here in muskoka. I understand that our area has alot of Granite rock and requires a ton of snow but I think the C101D could definately be packed. There's alot of snow on the old rail bed from the wharf alll the way out to Winhara Rd. We need guys to start riding to push the frost down and make a good base. Hopefully we'll be riding shortly or else I'll be trailering down to the Port Perry trails as they have started packing and opened as limited.

You can help! Get in touch with your club and offer your services maybe you will even enjoy it! There is pile pile of good hardworking Snowcrest guys on here and I am sure that one of them can put you to work helping them get the trails open. It really is fun and a great way to meet new riding buddies. Give it a try you will not regret it.

I gotta think you're almost kidding. As of yesterday at 3pm when I left gravenhurst for home, there was about 3 inches of crust covered powder in the bush. How can you expect anyone, anywhere to make a trail out of that??

Snowcrest needs at least another foot of workable snow to do anything like packing a trail over rock and swamps. seriously.

I gotta think you're almost kidding. As of yesterday at 3pm when I left gravenhurst for home, there was about 3 inches of crust covered powder in the bush. How can you expect anyone, anywhere to make a trail out of that??

Snowcrest needs at least another foot of workable snow to do anything like packing a trail over rock and swamps. seriously.

not sure what gravenhurst got out of the squalls that did not start until after 9 they may have gotten clobbered this guy needs to talk to his club though.

Sorry guys, i didnt mean to question a clubs progress, all I was trying to get out of this was when will they start packing at least. We got about 20cm over night and didnt really lose much over the warm spell thanks to the freezing rain. As far as helping out goes I have already agreed to help when ever the snowcrest club needs when I was purchasing my trail pass at the office. Anyways hope I didnt burn anyones A$$, i'm just as anxious as anyone else to get out but I understand about having patience.

Hey guys & gals,

Happy New Years to all and hopefully everyone had a safe a fun christmas. Now that we're into a new year winter finally seems to be here, I'm wondering when the trails will start getting packed, I see some clubs all around us are starting to do so but I havent seen anything here in muskoka. I understand that our area has alot of Granite rock and requires a ton of snow but I think the C101D could definately be packed. There's alot of snow on the old rail bed from the wharf alll the way out to Winhara Rd. We need guys to start riding to push the frost down and make a good base. Hopefully we'll be riding shortly or else I'll be trailering down to the Port Perry trails as they have started packing and opened as limited.

Snowcrest started packing before the rain the other day. Actually, Snowcrest packed 3 weeks ago and had from the Wharf to Winhara Rd open as Limited. Swamps are still slush filled water holes. C101D has a few nasty ones. There is not enough snow as of this morning for a groomer to push snow in to the swamps to start an ice bridge. Snowcrest is waiting until after tonight -21 temps and may bring out the groomers tomorrow morning. Priority is to get TOP Trails OPEN. Eg: Pipeline "D" towards Bracebridge to C101D to the Wharf first.

Thank you 2b, thats what I was looking for, just an update.

Thank you 2b, thats what I was looking for, just an update.

No problem. You can always google "snowcrest riders.com" and check out the trail status on the website. The email address is there as well as the phone number if you have any questions that we can address for you. The office will be open again tomorrow. I'm feeling positive that you'll see things start to open or at least be limited by tomorrow.

- Just an FYI...PPSC trails ARE NOT OPEN.

- The Ganaraskra Forest has listed thier trails as LIMITED.

- Everything WEST of Hwy 115/35 remains closed.

- I rode the Ganny on Friday, and it's truley early season.

- PLEASE STAY OFF OF CLOSED TRAILS.

Thx Monte, thats where I was implying ( the Ganny). I do know Brian was out grooming last week in PP.

Thx Monte, thats where I was implying ( the Ganny). I do know Brian was out grooming last week in PP.

- No problem Stevo.

- I'm pretty sure they would've gone LIMITED if we didn't get the "warm up".

- They've been out packing, so once we get some more snow, I'm sure they'll light it up.

I'm going to watch this thread closely. I belong to the Science Hill Drifters out of St. Mary's just north of London where I live (District 5 aka banana belt).

Anyway I'm one of those overpaid and underworked bleepin teachers who is still on holidays. So far we have only received less than 4 inches.

I'll update tomorrow as I'm going to go for a drive about an hr north to see if they faired any better (thinkin maybe Pineridge in Exeter or Hensall may have gotten more) (still not likely enough to open, but we will see)

Anyway, I'm planning on trailering to the Ganny on Wed if they are still even limited. Joiners are always welcome, as I'm solo at the moment.( Monte?)

I'm only going because I'm bored, the wife is back to work and we have day care for the kids.

If anyone within 4 hrs of London has info on a better location at the moment. I'm listening and will head there on Wednesday (just for the day)

I heard Barrie area got a lot of snow, and the good news is I have family in Wasaga Beach. Last year they were one of the first clubs to get a trail open.

I was praying all of December for another Snowmegedon down here. (20 minutes north received 6 feet, yes 6 feet in less than a week.

Hoping someone out there gets back to me. Message or I'll watch this thread.

Anyway, I'm planning on trailering to the Ganny on Wed if they are still even limited. Joiners are always welcome, as I'm solo at the moment.( Monte?)

I'm only going because I'm bored, the wife is back to work and we have day care for the kids.

- Hey LondonCalling, thanks for the invite, but I've gotta keep the power going for you guys that have 3 weeks off.

- If we don't get snow, then make sure you're not too worried about your carbides.

- Lotsa scratching and clacking there, but it's not that bad for early season riding.

- Their base is setting up, and after some more snow, it'll be primo.

- PM me if you're looking for a decent place to park up that way,

I'm going to watch this thread closely. I belong to the Science Hill Drifters out of St. Mary's just north of London where I live (District 5 aka banana belt).

Anyway I'm one of those overpaid and underworked bleepin teachers who is still on holidays. So far we have only received less than 4 inches.

I'll update tomorrow as I'm going to go for a drive about an hr north to see if they faired any better (thinkin maybe Pineridge in Exeter or Hensall may have gotten more) (still not likely enough to open, but we will see)

If anyone within 4 hrs of London has info on a better location at the moment. I'm listening and will head there on Wednesday (just for the day)

I heard Barrie area got a lot of snow, and the good news is I have family in Wasaga Beach. Last year they were one of the first clubs to get a trail open.

I was praying all of December for another Snowmegedon down here. (20 minutes north received 6 feet, yes 6 feet in less than a week.

Hoping someone out there gets back to me. Message or I'll watch this thread.

Wow a teacher that acknowledges overpaid and underworked :lol: I guess some of this is envy for the time off a teacher gets. Good luck sledding. I am itchy and normally would love to get out. My Mom lives in Wasaga and when we were there Christmas day last year they had 6 ft of snow and the guy who plows her driveway had run out of space to pile it. I am hoping to head out possibly Friday next week but that is only if I can squeeze a day out of working. Good luck.

If you go to Wasaga the Sports Park on Powerline Road is the location of local clubhouse, lots of parking and the trail is right there.

Thanks 02Sled. This is useful as there is limited parking at my cousin's place, and likely no overnight parking on the road in case I happened to stay over.

Does anyone know where to park if going to the Ganaraska Forest??? ie Town, and location???

FYI streamer just ended here in London bringing our total to almost 15 cm. Hoping for more. Some local clubs don't need much to work with.

I'm very worried about this coming Friday and Saturday.

- I've sent you a PM London...

- Also...this was posted on another site about The Ganny..."Just a light dusting of snow. I was hoping we would get some of the snow that was forcasted. If we don't get any by Thursday morning the trails will be posted as closed."

No problem. You can always google "snowcrest riders.com" and check out the trail status on the website. The email address is there as well as the phone number if you have any questions that we can address for you. The office will be open again tomorrow. I'm feeling positive that you'll see things start to open or at least be limited by tomorrow.

Snowcrest Information can be found at http://snowcrestriders.com

Heading out tomorrow to pack the south end trails.

Archived