new groomer

Wildman

We ordered a new tractor and soucey track set up, everything is slow this year, we got the tractor a couple weeks ago and the tracks and drag showed up just before Christmas. A few guys got together tonight and installed the rear tracks on the tractor. A huge thanks goes out to Delta Forest for the use of their shop. We hope to have the front tracks installed tomorrow night. post-19778-0-42301900-1325223033_thumb.jpg post-19778-0-76628600-1325223069_thumb.jpg post-19778-0-65462300-1325223090_thumb.jpg

Now it can snow! It was just holding off until you guys go t your groomer! Although the forecast isn't looking too promising.

Great info, Wildman.

How long before it's 'broken in' ?

I'm looking forward to your thoughts after the season. We have two Case tractors using wheels. One MTU 130 and a MTU 140 both on the Maxxis chasis, (a little bigger than the Puma)- We're looking at adding another one to our fleet with the Soucy system. You're going to be a good guinea pig for us!

Congrats. Great looking units. You are going to LOVE that tractor and cab. COMFORTABLE!

it is a neat setup, I think it will work well, a side from being hard on fuel. The major downfall is this system is labour intensive, it takes about 4 hrs a track/wheel 2 install. We lease the tractor, that means 2 swaps a year. We will see what happens, I imagine it will be the same few doin the work every time.....it'll get old quick. If we pay to have it done it would b 2-2500 each time so 5-6k a year with tax, so that doesn't make leasing so attractive. I do hope we get a chance to break it in, have to check track tension every 5 hrs er so for the first bit, and grease every 25 hrs.

Is that squike in the pic ( Ship), Just cant make it out in the photo?

Frank & the Boys have a perfect shop for that job!

Well done, Would like to hear the year end vote on the tracks.

no Rich, Squeek never made it out, haven't seen him since the day of the Lakeside Christmas party. He will be in the seat on Friday nights though....I'll cover 4 him when he goes north. Probably Allen Stubbs u see there in the pic.

Your tracks are on backwards.

Just kidding! That sure looks like a lot of work! Nice rig! Hope it serves you well!

nice unit, how much was that unit with the tracks? priceing out grommers for a friend.

thanks

Soucy track kit is about $63,000.00 installed. Blade can be anywhere from $8,000 to $20,000.00 installed depending how exotic you get.

Then you have brush guards and the drag. By the time you put in a 140 HP. tractor you can be between $180,000.00 and $200,000.00 for a complete unit.

That is pocket change for us sledders. Horst makes great blades, have yet to wear one out.

nice unit, how much was that unit with the tracks? priceing out grommers for a friend.

thanks

ya Soucy tracks where a little over $60k (we installed ourselves), we lease the tractor, blade we ordered is a 4 way AMI fur $9500......received an HDL er something. We got a AMI Sledge Hammer fur $24,900. Traded our complete groomer 4 the drag and blade. I'll post a pic of the whole outfit once we get the quick hitch.

Archived