ANYBODY KNOW HOW WE ARE DOING IN NORTH BAY

BlakeBouch

Anybody know how much snow north bay has.?????????

There is no snow in North Bay.

I travelled from Kitchener to North Bay today, Monday Decd 12th and the only snow is between Gravenhurst and South River, most of which is between Huntsville & Emsdale (4-6" near highway) otherwise 3-4" in the other areas.

All waterways are open.

For North Bay we need some real cold weather to freeze the swamps ans creeks but 14 day weather forecast is mild weather.

There is no way to even think about anything until after New Years at the earliest if we do get some cold then a couple of good snowfalls to pack trails, etc.

To all those who wanted to extend 'early permit' sales to Dec. 15th.

Don't.

By December 15th, riders will know the long range forecast. If there's no snow until early January, some may not buy a permit at all.

At least with a Nov. 30th deadline, there's always hope.

Learn from the Leafs. Sell hope.

I agree. I always buy it in november anyways. Let's hope the weather turns around soon, or more resorts and dealers will close.

- Hey bbakernbay...I PM'd you awhile back.

- Did you get it? Re: Grooming

- Sorry to hijack the thread, but not sur eif my settings are screwed or not?

Yes I did get your PM and here was my reply but my mistake was not going back to the OC Forum to reply.

I was travelling and only had my wife's Kindle to be able to reply.

Here it is:

There are no trails open in the North Bay area and I don't expect anything to happen for 2 or 3 weeks at a minimum.

We need lots of cold weather and then considerable snow.

www.ofsc.on.ca

for your most up to date trail reports, once things start to get going, which looks to be some weeks off as of now.

Brian Baker - NBSC"

Currently there is no snow and it is pouring rain, a very bad combination.

Given the 14 day weather forecast it will be 3-4 weeks yet and even then we need lots of really cold weather before the snow comes. All lakes are wide open.

BB

- Sorry for the mix up...I meant what's the schedule ONCE we get things up and going.

- We've changed our trip this year from Wednesday - Saturday to Saturday - Wednesday.

- Just wondering what the grooming schedule is?

- Can we expect beat up trails on Sunday and Monday, or will the groomers run 6/7 days a week?

- Again...sorry for the confusion.

No the groomers don't run 6-7 days a weeek, more like 3 depending on the conditions. but not necessarily the same trail 3 times.

We have 3 groomers - the North groomer does the TOP AD from The Portage (formerly The McCoys) up to where the TOP A and TOP D split. It also does A102Q over to NB308 about 3 times a week, only once every two weeks on A102Q east of NB308 because it is wide open road running.

The Redbridge groomer does NB300, NB308, NB301 and TOP A land trail.

The Conewango groomer does NB308 east of North River and NB301 towards Mattawa.

There is absolutely no snow left, it rained heavily today, the ground is saturated and all lakes are 100% open.

We need several weeks of really cold weather before we are ready for any snow.

I don't foresee opening for at least 3 weeks, maybe even longer given the 14 day forecast.

The earliest place you can ride is NB308 from Highway 63 at the MNR Fish Hatchery easterly on the Forest Access Road which is good to go after 10-15 cm of snow although the trails will not officially be open.

Archived