Burk's Falls

skidoo700jay

Hey was wondering what the real condtions are like in this area, have received several reports all conflicting each other - dont want to get too excited

Why what did you hear

I have heard they got quite a bit of snow wondering how far they are from going limited

Was up there this weekend, yes there is lots of snow but no where near enough to start thinking about opening trails yet even in a limited capacity, of course this is just my opinion. As Slomo said, check the adsc website regularly, they are good at keeping the site current.

Hailburton got 2 feet of snow too. With all of the rain coming this week, going to stall ice making for another few weeks. Lots of open swamps and no solid ice on lakes yet.

• 2 weeks later...

heading up friday for the holidays. I know there isn't sledding snow, but can anyone tell me if there is any snow on the ground? Just wondering about driving back to my cottage. Not usually passable with snow on the ground. Bringing the quad anyway, but driving in would be nice.

Green lawns here in Bracebridge , you should be good , back roads could be a liitle soft in spots

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from the cottage, about 6 inches when I left, and light snow, drove into squalls alll through barrie, trails need a huge dumping before any will open - not looking good in the forecast

• 2 weeks later...

Well , I was up on the weekend for the first weekend of riding, some rough patches, as can be expected, lot of traffic, I m hoping they get some much needed snow fall, or it might be a quick season....the seguin still has two really bad wash outs......

• 2 weeks later...

dont know if anyone has been there lately, but, i heard that they got another 20 cm of snow is last day or two, but some major trails are still closed and there were 3 sleds that broke through ice over a swamp towards sprucedale last week so be careful.

came tho there around noon today, lots of new snow, and still snowing hard.

Just got back from there this past weekend. 20cm plus of fresh snow Sat night. Put 325 miles on, Fair bit of traffic all weekend but the D was good from Kearney to Powassan. groomers where out every night it seemed trying to keep things up, keep up the good work up there hope to be back sooner than later.

Lakes firmed up, slush from previous weekend was froze, Bernard was froze with sciff of snow Sat before the fresh stuff, it was staked.

Main snowfall was from Huntsville to South River last weekend, best riding was east of 11 Hwy. things should be good as long as it doesn't get too mild this week.

Archived