Snowcrest Trail Report 2011 / 2012

2bsledding

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSs

Mild weather Is on the way again. Forecasting 2o to 30 mm of rain for wednesday with a high of plus 5. Could help trails I suppose.

just curious where you seen this posting. As of 9am sunday morning i see no updates, if the C 101 is open it truely is limited.

on the snowcrest website

I heard the Boston pizza wanted the trail open. Funny the local seniors always gave me a hard time about parking at the wharf. Wtf??I said there are no buses in the winter months, so I can park here.

Drove past the town section thats limited and it doesn't seem to bad. It'll be a hard ride for out skirts locals to get to the wharf but I just may chance it. Town road ( phillip St ) is snow covered so. I noticed after I posted, on the muskoka website it showed limited in this section

The trail is great!!!

661e94f1.jpg

I heard the Boston pizza wanted the trail open. Funny the local seniors always gave me a hard time about parking at the wharf. Wtf??I said there are no buses in the winter months, so I can park here.

Nobody or businesses put any pressure on the Club to open the trail. Simply, we had snow on the trail, it was signed & inspected. Snowcrest wanted to open as soon as possible to support the businesses through town and everyone who likes to snowmobile.

Nobody or businesses put any pressure on the Club to open the trail. Simply, we had snow on the trail, it was signed & inspected. Snowcrest wanted to open as soon as possible to support the businesses through town and everyone who likes to snowmobile.

Thats how it should be.. Good job guys. it's all good for our sport.

just curious where you seen this posting. As of 9am sunday morning i see no updates, if the C 101 is open it truely is limited.

Snowcrest notified the District office of the opening and received an email back saying they (D7 office) for some reason couldn't get the OFSC Interactive Guide to update. A message has been sent to the OFSC. Snowcrest did update their own Website as soon as the A-01 form was filled out and faxed to the District 7 office.

great work guys !!!! glad to hear that someone is open,it sure takes hard work,and los of people to get the job done !!!! cant wait to get out,soon i hope....come on snow & cold temps.. :icon_hyper:

Snowcrest notified the District office of the opening and received an email back saying they (D7 office) for some reason couldn't get the OFSC Interactive Guide to update. A message has been sent to the OFSC. Snowcrest did update their own Website as soon as the A-01 form was filled out and faxed to the District 7 office.

Way to go.

:snow-141:

Indeed ! The OFSC sure doesn't make it easy for Volunteers to do what we want to do !

Congratulations Guys!!!

Indeed ! The OFSC sure doesn't make it easy for Volunteers to do what we want to do !

Occupy the OFSC?

Careful Mossy. Don't get LuvMyViper started! :icon_blah:

I heard somewhere that the new slogan for the occupy protests are "We don't know what we want but we aren't leaving until we get it"

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like Snowcrest is on the roll. Just saw their Pisten Bully groomer going through town.

I was talking with him at the new office as he rolled in and was saying that there is no way the trails will be limited any time soon, its bad in the pipe line, some gates are locked still, log's across trail and lots of brushing to do. I'd say maybe in 1-2 weeks...... more snow is needed but very nice to see them out.

I was talking with him at the new office as he rolled in and was saying that there is no way the trails will be limited any time soon, its bad in the pipe line, some gates are locked still, log's across trail and lots of brushing to do. I'd say maybe in 1-2 weeks...... more snow is needed but very nice to see them out.

D south has been cleared, logs removed, brushed and the gates unlocked and open all the way to Kahshe - he is more than welcome to head in that direction while the other trails get prepped. ;-):-D

Breaking 15 & 4

fe34cdb0.jpg

1e4b037b.jpg

95e10908.jpg

578f5c9f.jpg

d1743138.jpg

8ab06988.jpg

9f2c2e51.jpg

Archived