Snowcrest Trail Report 2011 / 2012

2bsledding

Got to bed around 1:30-2ish last night.

Groomed from Severn Bridge to the muldrews.

cbf2495f.jpg

2c2f1132.jpg

d90cfe40.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you are a grooming machine Blake

Thanks Blake !

Thanks Blake. How are the roads along trail 4 and 15? We are hoping to come up and ride finally for the first time on Monday. Will all lakes be staked so that we could ride into town??

Thanks Blake. How are the roads along trail 4 and 15? We are hoping to come up and ride finally for the first time on Monday. Will all lakes be staked so that we could ride into town??

They are good. I think the Gravenhurst plows are being nice to us this year. Once you hit the simcoe side the roads are crap

They are good. I think the Gravenhurst plows are being nice to us this year. Once you hit the simcoe side the roads are crap

Awesome news. Thanks.

Now that good news,

Good luck tomorow on Kahshe

Thank Blake thanks to all

?..would anyone now if the ice condition is good from denne's marina to north of the Kahshe stake line..?

I wish to go on Monday

Now that good news,

Good luck tomorow on Kahshe

Thank Blake thanks to all

?..would anyone now if the ice condition is good from denne's marina to north of the Kahshe stake line..?

I wish to go on Monday

"approximately" where are you on the lake ? Denne's to Boyd Island is ok and down through Deep Bay also through to the east bay before Housey's.

Do you mean north of the #4 Stake line? or are you referring to the D stake line?

Hi slow touring

My shortest route take me from Deene's east to across Rockheaven Kueys bay then south between the two small island north/west of the #4 Stake line then down all the way into grant bay the cotage is on Grant island (the second bay), I walk on land from were #4 meet the lake to the mouth of south kahshe river ( i don't trust the narrow)

Thank for resdonding

Prozak

Hi slow touring

My shortest route take me from Deene's east to across Rockheaven Kueys bay then south between the two small island north/west of the #4 Stake line then down all the way into grant bay the cotage is on Grant island (the second bay), I walk on land from were #4 meet the lake to the mouth of south kahshe river ( i don't trust the narrow)

Thank for resdonding

Prozak

The number 4 trail will be staked tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

5db3bbc3.jpg

14snow on camera.

297b3b51.jpg

Kahshe rider

d62d95d0.jpg

4c84c875.jpg

49e3c458.jpg

811e5260.jpg

Awesome!!!!!Goota get up there!

Special thanks to ALL of the dedicated Snowcrest volunteers and groomer operators, for getting so much done to get most of the trail system open in such a short time. Parking lots, businesses and staging areas in Gravehurst were packed today, because of your solid efforts and support. I can honestly say - - - you make me proud to be a Snowcrest Rider.

Bob Clarke

President

What a great day today!

Thanks to John and STG for their help with my "tire change".

What a great day today!

Thanks to John and STG for their help with my "tire change".

Well.....it really wasn't like watching a NASCAR pit crew but we got it done :D Good to see you again and thanks for coming out. Also got my private stake line in and groomed my lake access trail. A super dee dooper Attitude Adjustment Hour then commenced. What a beauty day it turned out to be !

Well.....it really wasn't like watching a NASCAR pit crew but we got it done :D Good to see you again and thanks for coming out. Also got my private stake line in and groomed my lake access trail. A super dee dooper Attitude Adjustment Hour then commenced. What a beauty day it turned out to be !

Thanks for having me over.There were some great stories and laughs!

Also, thanks for lunch today!

Thanks for having me over.There were some great stories and laughs!

Also, thanks for lunch today!

You're most welcome. Yes, the AAH's on Deep Bay are famous for great stories and laughs. Glad you enjoyed it ! Good to get out on the trails today, too! Couple of good stories at lunch as well. Happy that you joined us today - hope you do so more often; anytime !

Great job staking the lake, posing for interviews, chatting with fellow slead heads and a nice lunch today. Not a bad weekend at all!

Great job staking the lake, posing for interviews, chatting with fellow slead heads and a nice lunch today. Not a bad weekend at all!

As of this morning due to weather, ALL Snowcrest trails are being closed. This is only temporary. We need to keep sleds off the trails, to preserve the limited base we currently have. We will reopen again ASAP.

Pic from Saturday

:right_on:

339176_3109790668340_1371554809_3161306_1714986090_o.jpg

Great crew! How much of that snow and ice is still there?

Archived