Mackinac Bridge Gets a Dogleg?

Ox

I am embarassed to say that I have not been north of Grayling in nearly 3 yrs. But hope to remedy that this yr...

However - I looked at the Montreal River Harbor web cam yesterday, and did not see anything that I liked.

So I was looking in my saved links for Cooke City Exxon and found one for The Bridge. So when I checked it - it looks like somebody shifted the lanes. Somebody git an earth shattering quake _ and I didn't git the memo or what?

WTF.gif

I better check Cooke and Togwotee and see if those are still OK!

fullsize1.jpg

ox, looks like the pic is taken from the north end of the bridge facing south. and the road does curve there. think about it, heading north... as you are pulling into the toll booths, you have to angle to your left. then you head straight up the hill to us-2 or further north to the soo. ski

ox, looks like the pic is taken from the north end of the bridge facing south. and the road does curve there. think about it, heading north... as you are pulling into the toll booths, you have to angle to your left. then you head straight up the hill to us-2 or further north to the soo. ski

agreed and the welcome centre is to the left of the pic,,,,further along the road just past the toll booths.The break wall is on the north side,,,

All I could think was that it must be from the N, but even that I didn't think had that much hook in it.

As well - it doesn't look as tight in the daylight now as it did last night.

It may just be part of my Sepparation Anxiety causing false illussions....

Life appears fine in the West tho:

Cooke:

Ricky has his rentals ready to roll!

netcam.jpg?Thu%20Dec%208%2014:41:17%20EST%202011

Tog:

netcam.jpg

ox, we are heading to togwotee jan 6-13. get a couple buds and come hang out with us. we would rather have the guide and just people we "know"... than our group of 4, and whoever they stick us with. sometimes it is entertaining, some times it is just a drag. LOL!

ski

brooks lake lodge web cam right on the continental divide above tgowotee.

http://brookslake.com/lodge/webcam.html

ski

See now - if you look at the pic in the dark, with a damp road, it sure looks to me like a 45-60* turn!

Mirage I guess.... :console:

Heading to Col sometime around New yrs. plus or minus a few days.

(If my chumm doesn't fall off a ladder and damage 4 vertibrea and break several ribs just before pulling out like last yr!)

Also - provided they git some snow...

But they got 90+" in one sh-bang just before we got there last yr.

... and then no new snow for a few weeks after that.

I guess timing was on our side, even if the chumm wasn't.

The weather has finally gotten so's that I can post a link to the Montreal River Harbour.

:drool-1:

netcam.jpg

netcam2.jpg

Archived