A105Q Cochrane to LaSarre

RAMSOMAIR

A group of us are looking to head from Cochrane into Quebec, via the A105Q. I was just wondering what the trail is like? Condition and speed wise. I have all the milages, but am trying to get an idea of wether it is a tight and twisty bush trail, rail bed, logging roads, what are we into and what kind of time are we looking at to get to La Sare, from Cochrane? Also what the actual trail condtion is currently like. Thanks in advance for any help.

Did it last year, First 3rd is a typical Cochrane trail nice and wide, some logging roads and then you hit the rail line for the rest of the run to the border, No gas in the little Town on the Que border LaReine- station burnt down last year but they may have rebuilt by now- but there is gas at the next little Town, about halfway from the border to Lasarre. Not a bad run but hope for a little warmer temps. We did in -30C just a bit chilly!

Stop at the little restaurant in LaReine for lunch - good stop to warm up- order the beef stew and get liver and onions! Something about a language barrier! Good luck!

We have 4 that just arrived from LaSarre today. Said the trail is groomed with about 4 inches of fresh snow. It was 117 miles from getting gas in LaSarre to Cochrane. No logging going on right now. If you need more info just give me a call. Thanks Rod.

very very straight and boring, you have to have some self control to drive reasonably slow enough to make your gas last the distance. I found i had to watch my speedo constantly it was so straight and flat I kept speeding up without knowing it.

but there is gas at the next little Town, about halfway from the border to Lasarre.

We're the 4 Rod spoke of.

We didn't see any signs about gas in Dupuy, the town between La Reine & La Sarre. So you might have to hunt around for it. In La Sarre we gassed up @ the Ultramar @ the south end of town. Figured it would be best to get gas w/o a lot of running around. I think any other gas is closer to the center of town & further away from TQ93.

Archived