BACKWARDS TRIP TO U.S.

FINNDIAN

Well since we're already in Wawa, we have to go far away to ride, we would like to see if riding in michigan is as bad as everyone says so, the end of feb we plan to ride south to thessalon, then across the ice to michigan, and then head west towards wisconsin, we will ride for probably 4 days, any suggestions would be appreciated.

RIDE MIDWEEK!

If you are looking to do this over a weekend, I would pass. The UP is a great place to ride, but the weekend Blair Morgans will be in full force tearing up the trails. You will notice a difference in signing (much better than in Ontario) and you will be riding more town to town. If you can get good conditions, it is a nice trip, but your rolling the dice.

Well since we're already in Wawa, we have to go far away to ride, we would like to see if riding in michigan is as bad as everyone says so, the end of feb we plan to ride south to thessalon, then across the ice to michigan, and then head west towards wisconsin, we will ride for probably 4 days, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Best suggestion would be to stay in WAWA.

that one made me laugh :D

well we want to see something we haven't seen before so, traffic is one thing that would be new.

we don't have a lot of options on when we go so as of right now it look like we'll be leaving wawa on friday 29th am. we have it timed perfect to ride down there on the weekend lol.

RIDE MIDWEEK!

If you are looking to do this over a weekend, I would pass. The UP is a great place to ride, but the weekend Blair Morgans will be in full force tearing up the trails. You will notice a difference in signing (much better than in Ontario) and you will be riding more bar to bar. If you can get good conditions, it is a nice trip, but your rolling the dice.

Fixed it for yuh.

gord, make sure to wear your tek vests, and if you have them use helmet communicators to warn the others in the group of riders and dangers. i know you guys cant fathom this but in some cases you are going to se 100-300 sleds in a day. avoid grand marais michigan on saturdays if at all possible. sometimes the line to wait for gas will be hours long. and when they run out, you sit and wait for another truck to fill up the station. (only one in town).

you guys have us beat for trails. snow, conditions, and traffic. i wouldnt waste my time up in the U.P after riding where you live. that is why we dont ride in michigan anylonger. way to many heros on the trails.

if you still feel you must come check it out, please ride safe, and be very careful. the other guy will not be looking out for you. enjoy the dirt, you'll be able to see it through the trail LOL! ski

that one made me laugh :D

well we want to see something we haven't seen before so, traffic is one thing that would be new.

we don't have a lot of options on when we go so as of right now it look like we'll be leaving wawa on friday 29th am. we have it timed perfect to ride down there on the weekend lol.

Hey Joney.. A bunch of us will be in D'ville that weekend... How bout ya come alittle north for some shits and giggles..

We rode over to Escanaba area from St Ignace 2-2-08. Fairly light traffic for a weekend, superbowl weekend, fuel prices and the economy all probably took their toll. More and more clubs in the UP are taking more pride in their grooming. If it wasn't groomed Saturday afternoon it was Sunday morning. Not to say you won't hit a bad streach but you can ride out of it in 20 miles or so. Seney, St Ignace, Grand Marais all do a great job. Let me know if I can point you in the right direction for a good route?

well thanks for the info guys, looks like we'll ride from here to thessalon friday then hopefully get to paradise or grand marais saturday. then sunday head west

were gonna see the worst i guess lol

Archived