Missing Links club trails

Grimm

Anyone ride the trails around Stonecliffe and Deux Rivieres today? How are they? The Weather Network's snow depth map show them as having a 40cm base. Might make a run there Monday.

I was kinda wondering same thing. Was on them last weekend and they were perfect, did all the loops, no traffic on them.

Ya let us know please. Are u sledding in North Bay or somewhere else. We have a week vacation starting next weekend and want to get up north somewhere to let me know what its like up there soon as u can.

I will be sledding in between NB and Mattawa riding all the trails up there. Had plans to do the RAN tour and had a reservation to sleep but mother nature had different plans :banghead:

I will post what i see on my way by.

Just passed rolphton. There is a lot more snow then in pembroke.

From the road the trails in pembroke look very hard and icy and the more you travel north the better it seems to get from town to town.

I would say the trails look prety good from the road. They don't look as icy as pembroke looked.

Thanks for the update. I'll probably head there this weekend.

Yesterday was out on the trails on the Tops A-Trail from Rolphton to the Junction of A-TRail & Local #195, did the 195, 191, 193 & 196, all were in great shape.

On our way to Elk Lake this morning the trails around Rolphton,Mattawa and North Bay looked great. Lots of sleds seen around North Bay and Temagami area. Snow is much thinner hear than it was many hrs closer to home but like this area too and wanted to try for a few days.

Just got back from a couple of days riding...the trails were great up there, especially the pipe line. The club trails were even better than the A trail. For those coming from Ottawa, start at least in Rolphton. The trails near Deep River are a bit chewed up and "snirty".

Well worth the trip. :right_on:

Trails still looked very nice from what I could see from road today. Looked freshly groomed. Even looked like it was groomed again down closer to Pembroke but looked a whole LOT better Rolphton and West. Put about 1300kms on truck up and back from up North, and put 70kms on sleds only. About 14 hrs in truck and 2.5hrs on sled. Should of tried Rolphton area again.

Just got back from a couple of days riding. Trails were awesome Friday, smooth smooth smooth. They probably were getting it ready for Bowtie Classic Poker run Saturday. I guess about 30cm fell overnight and during the day today. It sure made turning in the corners tough with all that snow, but I aint complaining.

A 2 hour drive home to Ottawa and it's pouring rain. :banghead: It looks like another trip up there is in order next week again.

Made it up for the BowTie Classic in Stonecliff this year once again. Did not have the turn out they expected, but considering the road conditions and snow fall, the numbers were good. I understand that they had around 120 sleds register. Snowmobile conditions will be top notch once they get all the snow that fell groomed up. Will keep you informed after next trip up there.

Are they getting all this rain up there too??

Anybody know what its like around the area? Thinking about going up for Saturday the 19th if possible. Is it mild up there this week too. Hope to try out the trails again once more. Thanks.

I unloaded up in Rolpton today, still plenty of snow up there...I think it'll hold up through the weekend. Trails were a bit rough from weekend traffic and I came across the groomer on #195, so they haven't given up either.

I'm planning a trip with some friends on Friday & Saturday. If the place we're staying at has internet, I'll post conditions here Friday night.

Hey Grimm. Where ya going to be staying at?

Grimm, did you come across any water spots? Did you happen to go on the trail that has the couple kms of ungroomed portion which has the steep icy hill on it, might be the 136 but don't remember off hand. It is usually a nice loop, goes along edge of Algonq. Park. Thanks.

Yeah, there were some icy spots, but nothing major. Didn't want to take the the 136 as I was on my own. Also, it's not part of the Missing Link trails, which seem to be very well maintained.

Grimm, how far to the west can you go and still be on good trails, is there another loop up a bit further west of Deux Rivers or were you up that far. We might come up late friday and ride saturday and come home sunday. That depends on the weather over the next few days. Supposed to get very mild I guess.

I made it up to the A trail/197 junction by Deux Rivieres, didn't go further west as I think it's something like 50km before more trails split off near Mattawa. I can't comment on the conditions that way, plus I'm not a fan of running a trail there and back. I prefer loops myself. The OFSC site has the A trail as "Yellow" up that way, so you can bet the trails are probably in worse shape.

The trails in Mattawa are in ok shape, they are passible but no where near the flatness/good conditions the Missing Link trails are. There is more snow in Rolphton then Mattawa.

We were sort of planning on going up friday afternoon to sunday but not sure with the mild weather if its worth it or not. I was already somewhat disapointed on my last trip that was an 8hr drive and ended up coming home 2 days later as wasnt much snow where we went.

Guess I'm gonna giver a try. will go up friday and ride saturday,Hopefully, and home sunday. How far around is the 107, is it good goin,I've never been on that one.

Made it. Not been out yet, in the morning will be given it a try. Was wondering on way up if I should of brought the atv instead but finally grass turned white! Anyone else make it up???

Archived