Breaking News

Big Reg

Breaking News

Danny is on his way with the groomer to Missanabie.

Luc will be going up first thing tomorrow morning to go grooome the F trail from Missanabie to Dalton.

also we have 2 volunteers going up too to do all the signages.......

so if everything goes according to plan the F trail will be open tomrrow night

:woot::woot::woot:

great news reg! thanks for the updates and the hard work, ALL YOU GUYS PUT IN. hopefully the warm up doesnt hit you and you get a bunch of snow soon. sending positive thoughts your way!!!

ski

Breaking News

Danny is on his way with the groomer to Missanabie.

Luc will be going up first thing tomorrow morning to go grooome the F trail from Missanabie to Dalton.

also we have 2 volunteers going up too to do all the signages.......

so if everything goes according to plan the F trail will be open tomrrow night

:woot::woot::woot:

Big REG

sounds great zrtkat & crew are planning on riding next week we where coming on friday but we might wait until monday to come up and start our trip from Wawa.

we are waiting to see what the weather turns out the next few days.

thanks for the up-date

zrtkat :right_on:

That is good news. We're hoping to ride from Wawa to Chapleau next week.

Thanks for your hard work. We'll be passing through D'ville hope to buy you guys a soda...

You guyz Rock !

Thanks so much for this great news. Akron Orange is a very generous man - take him up on his "soda" offer. LOTS of soda !! But watch out for Snowberg - his eyes light up when he hears you referred to as BiGreg :shock:

You guyz Rock !

Thanks so much for this great news. Akron Orange is a very generous man - take him up on his "soda" offer. LOTS of soda !! But watch out for Snowberg - his eyes light up when he hears you referred to as BiGreg :shock:

The "soda" are on me.

I think both "BiGreg" and BIgred have equal value, in combination, well lets not talk about that...

Great news! Thanks guys.

I would like to say Thank You to our District and OFSC to believe in us and provide the grant money to re-open the F trail.

GO TEAM OFSC

also tahnk you to all the permit buyer who support our club this season. :right_on:

the only thing missing in this good news story is the snow

please mother nature can you help us now. we did our part.

PRAY FOR SNOW

Big Reg

thanks for the up-date we will be through dubreuilville tuesday I think ? we are still debating if we should leave from the soo or drive to Wawa and start our trip.

the trails look great thanks to everyone we will be enjoying them next week.

zrtkat & crew

heading to Ernies right now then chapleua and halfway

Jonesy give us a trail report when you get back we are riding Monday from Searchmont to Wawa then tuesday we where going to go to chapleau.

Have a good Ride

Zrtkat

Jonesy give us a trail report when you get back we are riding Monday from Searchmont to Wawa then tuesday we where going to go to chapleau.

Have a good Ride

Zrtkat

Was pretty rough from the wilderness trail to halfway. I imagine they will be grooming soon.

Dalton to Chapleau was awesome. Missinabie doesn't have a lot of snow so be careful around there we moved a lot of trees and rocks, Looks like they did some packing.

They have plans to groom Chap to 1/2 Way this yr?

I would have figgered with the opening of the "new" F trail that it would become "wilderness" again. ???

They have plans to groom Chap to 1/2 Way this yr?

I would have figgered with the opening of the "new" F trail that it would become "wilderness" again. ???

No. From what Steve was saying at Halfway chapleau has issues with logging on the roads leading to the wilderness trail and are trying to figure out a route. It's ungroomed and the first 40k are plowed roads that will be a done deal if we get warm weather without a bunch of snow.

HIjack off.

Was pretty rough from the wilderness trail to halfway. I imagine they will be grooming soon.

Dalton to Chapleau was awesome. Missinabie doesn't have a lot of snow so be careful around there we moved a lot of trees and rocks, Looks like they did some packing.

Hi Jonesy,

Do you mean that the wilderness trail was good, but the "D" Trail from the wilderness trail junction at the Hydro Lines to Halfway needs grooming?

Is there loose snow for cooling and slides now all the way? I did not ride this weekend because I was not sure about the freeze up.

Planning to head up to Chapleau via Halfway from Searchmont on Thursday. Then to Wawa on Friday using the "F" Trail with a stop at Ernies for a burger. Kind of a reverse of your trip this weekend with a little extra playing. Then some of the group needs to get back Sunday and some on Monday.

Thanks.

Ya D from wilderness trail to halfway. There was fresh snow since the warm weather so everything is froze solid with a little lube on top. A little slippery on the trails that were groomed flat before it froze though.

Hi Jonesy,

Do you mean that the wilderness trail was good, but the "D" Trail from the wilderness trail junction at the Hydro Lines to Halfway needs grooming?

Is there loose snow for cooling and slides now all the way? I did not ride this weekend because I was not sure about the freeze up.

Planning to head up to Chapleau via Halfway from Searchmont on Thursday. Then to Wawa on Friday using the "F" Trail with a stop at Ernies for a burger. Kind of a reverse of your trip this weekend with a little extra playing. Then some of the group needs to get back Sunday and some on Monday.

Thanks.

Thanks Gord,

I hope that it keeps snowing and all areas get back to good conditions. Noticed that TATA put out an overheating warning about their hard frozen trails. Maybe they did not get any snow after the melt? The "MAP" leaves out those kinds of details.

If Toll Creek Road is bad, I will try Shepard-Morse Road to connect to Chapleau. They both come together at both ends. If they are plowing both, the trail is done when it warms as you said.

I will be up.

Thanks again.

Boy - that's something if they have BOTH rds to Pineal Lake opened up this winter. :blink:

Is logging THAT busy right now ???

I guess that makes sence. Didn't pick up on that the first time. :icon_doh:

Boy - that's something if they have BOTH rds to Pineal Lake opened up this winter. :blink:

Is logging THAT busy right now ???

Hi Ox, you know your way around I see.

I have wondered why the road to Pineal Lake is usually plowed since the mill is long gone and even the equipment sold and moved.

Two seasons ago it was not plowed and the riding near perfect, but I never know what I'll find. The power lines run through also and we sometimes play in them if we have enough fuel, which means we are coming from Halfway or stopping there on the way down to Searchmont. If we are going straight through to Searchmont, we have to keep on the roads or we will need extra gas.

May start the next trip from Blueberry Motel if there is enough new snow. Saw and liked your picture with the dance hall (now all white and called the "igloo") at Blueberry. New owners and great people.

Take Care.

Archived