Old Hastings / Paudash Snow Conditions?

WEFusion900

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just checking to see if they have enough snow to open their trails.

OFSC site still shows closed :(

Paudash is a little East of Haliburton, but I was just up north and there is nowhere near enough snow. Lot's of rocks and stuff poking through. Some sections look pretty close though! Eight to ten inches of nice snow will open many trails!! The Haliburton club has groomed and packed many trails..I suspect they will be opening some imminently. Without some serious snow..they won't however hold up too long. It's early.

- Just got back from Bancroft.

- Did the Rail trail (E106) up to Lake St Peter, then E109 over to Harcourt.

- They need more snow the further that way we went towards Harcourt.

- It got better the further North from Lake St Peter you go.

- The E106 is crying for the groomer tonight after all the traffic.

- Lots of sleds out enjoying the awesome early season riding.

- Driving up 28, the gates are still closed in Apsley, and the groomer hasn`t even been down that way.

- Not sure what trail number is, but just south of Bancroft, the trail goes through a gas station, then ceossed the highway...that was the first sign of groomed trails.

- I doubt that Paudash is ready.

- Not sure what trail number is, but just south of Bancroft, the trail goes through a gas station, then ceossed the highway...that was the first sign of groomed trails.

E110 or B106 are the only trails just south of Bancroft. But they are still listed as closed, but maybe they groomed it to help hold the base incase of warm weather or rain.

E110 or B106 are the only trails just south of Bancroft. But they are still listed as closed, but maybe they groomed it to help hold the base incase of warm weather or rain.

Is he referring to Cardiff?

Is he referring to Cardiff?

- No. Cardiff is further West.

- I was talking about the trail that crosses #28 South of Bancroft.

Still not enough snow, some trails are packed but needing more snow. The rail lines are open limited.Only about 8-10" of snow cover. Hopefully they don't get the forcasted rain Fri/Sat.

I think monte is referring to Bow Lake Variety just south of the 28/Faraday Rd. junction.

We've only got 9" of snow in Apsley. Yes the gates are closed, but Folks still are riding E107 (even down by Jack's Lake.

I was riding last Tuesday on our only property just south of Apsley. Running on the bush roads was OK, but where I was in the woods, you were hitting the odd rock.

I think monte is referring to Bow Lake Variety just south of the 28/Faraday Rd. junction.

We've only got 9" of snow in Apsley. Yes the gates are closed, but Folks still are riding E107 (even down by Jack's Lake.

I was riding last Tuesday on our only property just south of Apsley. Running on the bush roads was OK, but where I was in the woods, you were hitting the odd rock.

- Thanks Revrnd! That's exactly the place.

- I've only been up there 3 times, and twice was late last year, so I'm not familair with the trails but my riding pal is.

- It's quickly becoming my favorite area to ride!

- Let's pray for more snow in the next couple of weeks!

Coe Hill rail trail East to Heritage now limited and thats accurate.

Noisy from scarce coverage and not enough snow to fill in whoops but easily passable.

If its stays frozen the base will be great usual bad spots in good shape.

Heard from riders rail trail near Bancroft was ruined until groomed.

- Thanks Revrnd! That's exactly the place.

Was it open for business? I was thru there in September & it was closed up.

3 sleds unloading at 11 am today at school in Coe Hill getting rdy to hit the rail trail.

Its 6C and mush.

Enjoy your day, we will get to remember your ride for weeks with the re-opened wash outs and toasted base.

Hard to resist some colourful language.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there logging on TOP E NW of Coe Hill this winter? I went over there once last season & the trail was plowed down to dirt.

I took the truck down to E107 last Sunday & there still was a log trailer in the bush down by Jack's Lake in the "Park". We saw the feller buncher & skidders being hauled out before Christmas, so I don't know what is going on. Hopefully they'll be out of there soon.

I checked the ice on Eel's Creek and ran the sled over to the Swiss Bear (Golden Pheasant/Burnt Bird) today. No sign of any tracks in from E107. There's a groomer parked there. First time the club has stationed a groomer in Apsley.

Parking may be limited @ the Swiss Bear as there are 2 half azzed skating rinks flooded where it normally is plowed for parking. The Sandman or the end of Tucker Rd (trucks w/o trailers) might be better suggestions this winter.

No evidence of logging on Top E NW of Coe Hill this year. Last year with the low snow and re-route of E107 kept us east only.

Don't believe the new maps of E around Coe Hill, its the same as last year.

Rail trail to Ormsby junction is ruinous, left a carbide in the maze on 1 of the hundred hits.

• 2 weeks later...

Paudash updated their website today. They've got some trails listed as limited & open.

Paudash updated their website today. They've got some trails listed as limited & open.

I wish the updates could get done on the Thursday. It would be nice to be able to plan for the weekend. I checked the site after midnight and everything was still closed and made plans not to go to the cottage. I return from a ride today to find they are opening WTF. Please try to update so riders can make a decision on where to ride. With the amount of time it take to load the Interactive Guide I need the extra day.

With the amount of time it take to load the Interactive Guide I need the extra day.

Ouch!

Anyone have the latest & greatest in computers & a super duper fast 'net connection? Is the interactive trail guide slow?

Just curious if it's the software or folks' equipment.

Ouch!

Anyone have the latest & greatest in computers & a super duper fast 'net connection? Is the interactive trail guide slow?

Just curious if it's the software or folks' equipment.

Im far from the latest and greatest, but have a fast connection , abd yes its slow....well a better way to put it is the greater your zoom level the slower it gets. Its still loading a zoom since Ive been typing this and Im a slow typer.

Its also a PITA to get to, maybe if you bookmark it but if your new heres your steps

1. go to ofsc site and figure out where the link is

2. click on link that says "interactive trail gude", yea Im there ...NOT

3. sign up for news letter...ummm no

4. click little "click here" and get whole province unless your screen is big enough to notice the map below then click on your district....yea Im there.....NOT

5. Click lawyers statement :rolleyes: , zoom in and wait

Now dont get me wrong, I like the idea of the map its a handy tool but has some fine tuning to do far sure. I guess Im just more pissed that any other usefull info that was provided in the text has been banned

I wish the updates could get done on the Thursday.

Reved, as a former trail reporter I can tell you that we had to do updates to the district on monday and thursday.....before midnight. So ya it likely dosent get done til fri morn. at the earliest, I do aree it would be handy to go earlier, but we can and should change status as soon as anything changes not just mon or thurs. so if nothings changed you should be able to go by the last avail.report.......maybe :mrgreen:

Cheers, Todd

I was out & about a bit today. E107 isn't bad. Kind of mixed conditions, less snow cover in the evergreens than hardwoods. I rode south to where the logging is & turned around. Broke the trails on our woodlot property. No wildlife but saw some fresh deer tracks.

Heading to Paudash this weekend, any trails to avoid?

We rode up E107, E108 & TOP E up to the clubhouse, then back down Eel's Lake. TOP E was in good shape. I think that the groomer had only been over E108 once. I might head up to the Miskwabi area on Friday if a couple of trails in that area are open. I want to verify some tracks that I got from Motion Based.

I made it up to Miskwabi today. Unfortunately TOP E has been plowed from Hwy 118 south past E108 (3 miles/5 klicks). I went north towards Harcourt, so I don't know how far south of E108 that TOP E has been plowed.

Archived