Gowganda/Elk Lake/ Matachewan Area Trails Updates

Gowganda Lake Camp

:-D December 22, 2010

Trail Status

Hi Everyone, I am Happy to see all the interest in the Area's trail status already this season... It's awesome to see people are starting to know where Gowganda , Elk Lake , and Matachewan is...

Well I wish we could say we are ready to go , but unfortunatly we have not been lucky enough to receive anywhere close to the snowfall central ontario has. We are in the process of packing our trails with snowmobiles to help freeze up the swamp crossings. We will be starting to pan some trails with the grooming tractors withing the week preparing for the next snow. As for the end of January much can change between now and then ... Keep posted here and we will let you know the truth of what is what up here. I am hoping for another good snow late this month or early in January to get us where we need to be.

Merry Christmas to everyone and enjoy your holidays . I will post as things change and you can check out our weather conditions by clicking on the link below of our "NEW" Winter Web Cam ...

Happy Holidays Everyone

Special Thanks to Domino with his help getting the Snow cam Set up Properly ;-)

Ron, Giselle, Jack & Max :wavey::wavey::hugs::woot:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To Ron, Giselle, Jack & Max: I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a most successful 2011 !

Great Hosts, great facilities; you deserve the Best!

Be well,

(are you keeping an ovine companion warm for me?) ;-)

To Ron, Giselle, Jack & Max: I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a most successful 2011 !

Great Hosts, great facilities; you deserve the Best!

Be well,

Hey Coming from a Crazy Mouse like you ....That means the world. LOL..... Best Wishes and Warm thoughts to you and your Family for the Holidays too... I am sure you have access to lots of wool to keep ya's warm... ;-):D:D:D

RQ

(are you keeping an ovine companion warm for me?) ;-)

Oh!! Something I forgot to mention in the above post... Thanks to the OFSC and TATA District 14 we were lucky enough to receive a brand spankin new New Holland Groomer from Ebert's Welding this Year.. I will not be postin any more Trail pictures from the "Old Faithful" Massey retro from Marcel's Grooming . I will miss the old girl , but my aging bones will gracefully accept the new "air ride " seat , and other creature comforts designed into the sporty new ride. We will also have GPS in our tractors this year so once I have a little more info I will post how to see where we are for those that want check up on our tractor wherabouts.... Talk about time travel....

Ok I think I took enough of OC's band width tonight.

Ron

ps.. will post some pic's of the new ride soon

Oh!! Something I forgot to mention in the above post... Thanks to the OFSC and TATA District 14 we were lucky enough to receive a brand spankin new New Holland Groomer from Ebert's Welding this Year.. I will not be postin any more Trail pictures from the "Old Faithful" Massey retro from Marcel's Grooming . I will miss the old girl , but my aging bones will gracefully accept the new "air ride " seat , and other creature comforts designed into the sporty new ride. We will also have GPS in our tractors this year so once I have a little more info I will post how to see where we are for those that want check up on our tractor wherabouts.... Talk about time travel....

Ok I think I took enough of OC's band width tonight.

Ron

ps.. will post some pic's of the new ride soon

Thanks Ron

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and the family. Hope to get up there again this year.

Happy Holidays Ron, great to hear for you. Thanks for the update! I am sure the NH will be much nicer than the Massey.

• 3 weeks later...

Monday Jan. 10 2011

Trails update

Unfortunatly not too much to update still. Over the holidays we had lost most of our snow and havn't received much since. We did pick up some powder on Friday but not enough to go grooming yet. Lakes are freezing up good , just need more snow. :banghead:

Will keep you posted if anything changes

Ron

Monday Jan. 10 2011

Trails update

Unfortunatly not too much to update still. Over the holidays we had lost most of our snow and havn't received much since. We did pick up some powder on Friday but not enough to go grooming yet. Lakes are freezing up good , just need more snow. :banghead:

Will keep you posted if anything changes

Ron

Bummer

any pics of the new machine ?

Hey Ron, lets see the new beast, oh and cool web cam. I can spy on you 'trying" to play hockey on the awsome looking rink....The lake looks good seeing a few tracks across it, come on SNOW.

Thanks for the web cam Ron, that is great.

Trails Update. Jan. 17 2011

Well we still havn't received much more snow , but we moved the one tractor on the "A" trail north of Elk Lake. We are getting some snow right now but looks like they are dropping levels expected already. We should be able to keep working on the "A" trail and get that open soon . I hope.

We will see what we get. If we get enough we will start around Gowganda too.. Will keep you posted

Do the snow dance

Ron :wtf:

I wonder out loud what TOM would do. Nice WEB CAM Remember TOM loves you.

Will see you at the end of FEB so you better find some snow

Willie42

Trails Update. Jan. 17 2011[/b]

Well we still havn't received much more snow , but we moved the one tractor on the "A" trail north of Elk Lake. We are getting some snow right now but looks like they are dropping levels expected already. We should be able to keep working on the "A" trail and get that open soon . I hope.

We will see what we get. If we get enough we will start around Gowganda too.. Will keep you posted

Do the snow dance

Ron :wtf:

Glad to hear TOM is hard at work. How are Giselle and the boys? We just got our trails OPEN as limited in the last few day. Mild here today but don't think it did any damage. Will get out friday for a ride. Anyone doing any ice fishing up there?

Walkerton Willie

Tom is doing everything he can !! :headbang:

Hi Willie

Glad to hear TOM is hard at work. How are Giselle and the boys? We just got our trails OPEN as limited in the last few day. Mild here today but don't think it did any damage. Will get out friday for a ride. Anyone doing any ice fishing up there?

Walkerton Willie

Giselle and the boys are good. A little ice fishing going on but not full on yet. Cold here -30 is every night lately. Hoping to get some fishing in soon

RQ

Trails update Jan. 19 2011

We are finally getting started . The one tractor is out working on the A trail North of Elk Lake towards Kirkland and the C106d half way to Matachewan. Over the next week we hope to get the entire C106d packed and signed and the A trail through elk lake. We missed some more snow in Gowganda "again" over the last couple days but supposed to get a couple more on friday. I am going to head out on the weekend and try to fill the ditches etc. around gowganda . I don't think we have enough but have to try. Will post on the weekend to let you know what's what. Gonna have to take that new groomer back , it's acting like an anti-snow demon. :twisted::twisted:

Happy trails. :?

Ron

Ron

Did you see this video? Looks like TOM is everywhere.

Giselle and the boys are good. A little ice fishing going on but not full on yet. Cold here -30 is every night lately. Hoping to get some fishing in soon

RQ

Did you get snow? Walkerton got about a foot in this latest winter storm We are good to go now.

Trails update Jan. 19 2011

We are finally getting started . The one tractor is out working on the A trail North of Elk Lake towards Kirkland and the C106d half way to Matachewan. Over the next week we hope to get the entire C106d packed and signed and the A trail through elk lake. We missed some more snow in Gowganda "again" over the last couple days but supposed to get a couple more on friday. I am going to head out on the weekend and try to fill the ditches etc. around gowganda . I don't think we have enough but have to try. Will post on the weekend to let you know what's what. Gonna have to take that new groomer back , it's acting like an anti-snow demon. :twisted::twisted:

Happy trails. :?

Ron

Tom always gets snow. Quickman is likely hiding all the snow in Gow for himself. RQ still has lots of time to make Tom some snow. I wonder if the Massey got a proper farewell tour ? C'mon Smoke.

Tom always gets snow. Quickman is likely hiding all the snow in Gow for himself. RQ still has lots of time to make Tom some snow. I wonder if the Massey got a proper farewell tour ? C'mon Smoke.

Lots of time... No the poor old massey didn't get its due. Got a phone call one day that the truck was on its way. The old massey fired right up then went for a ride to somewhere in Quebec. Going to give the new one a test run tomorrow.

RQ

Looks like tom missed the good spots ;-)

Trail Updates Jan.22 2011

The " A" trail north of Elk Lake has been groomed to the Kirkland Lake boundary , should be opened as limited in a few days

The "A" trail towards Liskeard should be groomed tomorrow or Monday and will open soon after that.

The C106D is groomed and should open as limited mid to end of next week

We are going to give the A107C a try tomorrow, still low on snow not sure if we can cover rocks and ditches . Will find out tomorrow.

Lots of cold

Ron

Here are some pictures of the New Groomer in Action. As you can see we are still way behind on snow amounts. What usually takes about 45 minutes opening took over 3 hours for the one section. We are making progress but it is going to take much longer.

Ron

post-19905-0-25717300-1295817885_thumb.jpg

post-19905-0-30297900-1295817921_thumb.jpg

post-19905-0-76278200-1295817947_thumb.jpg

post-19905-0-45782500-1295817987_thumb.jpg

post-19905-0-15295600-1295818184_thumb.jpg

post-19905-0-98456200-1295818731_thumb.jpg

post-19905-0-59600000-1295818856_thumb.jpg

post-19905-0-55773600-1295818905_thumb.jpg

post-19905-0-10316700-1295818958_thumb.jpg

post-19905-0-38381700-1295818998_thumb.jpg

Will be able to ride to your place from North Bay through New Liskeard next weekend?

Archived