Rice Lake 2010/2011?

InFa_ReD

Thanks for the info, might just take the south trails south of Rice Lake and go up that way, not into swimming much in the Winter!

Is there an alternate to taking the river and going up that way? I am thinking heading North from Rice would be a hell of a lot quicker that taking the south trails?

The E108 gets really rough around Warkworth area. I would take take the north trails. If you look at the trail system you see a few cut off from Rice Lake. If you take the one furthest east (Elmhirst Resort) there is a couple kms of bush trail then you are on the railbed. I would think about going that way once the lake is staked I've found these trails quicker and not as rough in the past. You can also cut off in to the Hiawatha system but I don't think we have the base this year for that to be decent. Just my opinion though.

• 3 weeks later...

This past weekend I put 200km riding from Keene to Rhinos in Bewdley for lunch and on to the 108E to Campbellford and back to Keene. The lake was a real nice ride but some of the trails needed more snow/grooming. On the way back just past Hastings the trail was all wooped out I’m talking 45min of pure woops. If anyone is going to ride the trail to Keene wait until it gets groomed or just use the lake.

This past weekend I put 200km riding from Keene to Rhinos in Bewdley for lunch and on to the 108E to Campbellford and back to Keene. The lake was a real nice ride but some of the trails needed more snow/grooming. On the way back just past Hastings the trail was all wooped out I’m talking 45min of pure woops. If anyone is going to ride the trail to Keene wait until it gets groomed or just use the lake.

We went out Friday night, left Gores Landing at 8pm and took E108 to Campbellford and the north rail line/lake back. 150km of almost all table top, smooth trails.

We went out Friday night, left Gores Landing at 8pm and took E108 to Campbellford and the north rail line/lake back. 150km of almost all table top, smooth trails.

Not after Sunday. :cry2:

Not after Sunday. :cry2:

Should be in nice shape this weekend..

Archived