HCSA Trail Open!!

Shake It

I'm a neophyte Dork at this sort of stuff. I'd like to know more about what you bought, why you bought it, for what intended purpose, what it says it can do, how you've hooked it up, etc etc blah blah blah etc.

Cam is a weatherproof system from Microseven Systems. Model (M71E)

I will get you the specs later.

I'm a neophyte Dork at this sort of stuff. I'd like to know more about what you bought, why you bought it, for what intended purpose, what it says it can do, how you've hooked it up, etc etc blah blah blah etc.

where did you get it ? How much ?

I think you meant neophyte GEEK! We all know you are an experienced DORK! :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

:coffeespit::coffeespit:

That's gonna be a really looooooong ride to Gaspe... :rotflmao:

where did you get it ? How much ?

I bought mine from E-bay..around $200 bucks. I believe that you can also buy direct from Microseven. They have a lot of different cams for different applications. Good so far, just can't figure out how to log in from home? It will record video and stills,as set up in the parameters. I need to figure out how to "open port forwarding"??

I need to figure out how to "open port forwarding"??

I got arrested for that :oops:

If I recall, you got arrested for having a shoe cam! :-D

:-o

I need to figure out how to "open port forwarding"??

I got arrested for that :oops:

If I recall, you got arrested for having a shoe cam! :-D

:-o

That too. And she was open port forwarding at the time ! :shock:

Was she from the school for wayward girls in Houseys Rapids??

Was she from the school for wayward girls in Houseys Rapids??

Captain of the Unwed Mothers' Bowling League.

Actually, I dropped by the school recently and asked them,

"Do you save Bad Girls? ".

When they said they did, I said,

"Well then, save me a couple for Saturday Night ! ".

<rim shot> :rotflmao:

Well folks...not much change in snow conditions since last week. Either the snow has compacted and settled or, we have had an inch or so melt!

I hear they are "blaming" this on a high pressure system stalled over Ontario? Anybody know for sure?

Here is what a couple local trails look like that are almost in my backyard. While some sections look good..some are not so good. The frost is well into the ground though. Very little water or mud that I saw. Very thin yet. We could use about 8" to make it good and about 10" to make things great! Hats off to the club for working so hard.

post-19777-0-69692100-1293308136_thumb.jpgpost-19777-0-53915400-1293308151_thumb.jpg

The latest snapshot of the snow amount in Haliburton.

post-19777-0-21783300-1293310509_thumb.jpg

Looks like the snow has either melted a little, or more likely compacted down since last week. either way..no fresh stuff!

The HCSA has now CLOSED :banghead: the rail trail that was open, due to deteriorating conditions. The club has been doing such a great job of panning and packing things and the trails with some good snow, would be ready to go. So now we wait a little.

There's a little bit of snow in the the forcast this week. Lets hope we get some more than forecast and get things opened up by mid January.

• 2 weeks later...

The B103 rail trail from Haliburton to Kinmount is listed as "limited" today.

They are supposed to get 10 cm's on Saturday and 10+cm's next Tuesday.

That should open up some more trails.

The B103 rail trail from Haliburton to Kinmount is listed as "limited" today.

They are supposed to get 10 cm's on Saturday and 10+cm's next Tuesday.

That should open up some more trails.

Hey Quimby! How do you access your webcam?I've seen it,but have lost how I got there..Is it up and running as I ride in that area and would really find it informative..THANX....derf..

Good News..about one half of the Haliburton HCSA trails are open as limited as of today!!

I however, do not have a public access webcam at the moment. I can not grant everybody access to the server the cam is on. So..I will post some screenshots and captures here soon. I will try to keep that maintained.

• 2 weeks later...

HCSA looks at trail upgrades

Local News

By Chad Ingram

ALGONQUIN HIGHLANDS - The Haliburton County Snowmobile Association is looking to make improvements on a section of trail passing through Algonquin Highlands property.

Association president Scott Doan spoke with councillors at their Jan. 20 meeting, explaining the association wanted to make improvements, which would include trail-widening, to a section of trail about half a mile long from Tulip Road to Baker Lake.

"The trail is narrow, so there may be some tree removal involved," Doan said. He said that normally, the association will use fill from the area to make improvements to a trail, but said if the Ministry of Natural Resources expresses concern about environmental protection in the area, outside fill could be brought in.

The association had been told by the MNR to seek council's permission for the improvements on township land and said at this point he didn't know if the association would be getting the funding it was seeking to make the improvements.

Snowmobile trails in the township also pass through private property in some cases and while those owners have given the association verbal permission to use their property, township chief administrative officer Angie Bird suggested it would be a good idea to establish a formal acknowledgment of use agreement.

Doan had also said the widened trail would not be intended for use by ATVs or road traffic.

Deputy-reeve Liz Danielsen wanted to know how this would be policed and Bird said that since the land was public, making the use specific to snowmobiles would have to be a decision of council.

Doan pointed to a situation in Minden Hills where a section of trail owned by the township is gated during the non-snowmobile season, with the township holding the key.

Councillors approved the project in principle and told Doan it would be the MNR that would govern the specifics.

Doan may be back in contact with the township, depending on the ministry's requirements, he said.

HCSA looks at trail upgrades

Local News

By Chad Ingram

ALGONQUIN HIGHLANDS - The Haliburton County Snowmobile Association is looking to make improvements on a section of trail passing through Algonquin Highlands property.

Association president Scott Doan spoke with councillors at their Jan. 20 meeting, explaining the association wanted to make improvements, which would include trail-widening, to a section of trail about half a mile long from Tulip Road to Baker Lake.

"The trail is narrow, so there may be some tree removal involved," Doan said. He said that normally, the association will use fill from the area to make improvements to a trail, but said if the Ministry of Natural Resources expresses concern about environmental protection in the area, outside fill could be brought in.

The association had been told by the MNR to seek council's permission for the improvements on township land and said at this point he didn't know if the association would be getting the funding it was seeking to make the improvements.

Snowmobile trails in the township also pass through private property in some cases and while those owners have given the association verbal permission to use their property, township chief administrative officer Angie Bird suggested it would be a good idea to establish a formal acknowledgment of use agreement.

Doan had also said the widened trail would not be intended for use by ATVs or road traffic.

Deputy-reeve Liz Danielsen wanted to know how this would be policed and Bird said that since the land was public, making the use specific to snowmobiles would have to be a decision of council.

Doan pointed to a situation in Minden Hills where a section of trail owned by the township is gated during the non-snowmobile season, with the township holding the key.

Councillors approved the project in principle and told Doan it would be the MNR that would govern the specifics.

Doan may be back in contact with the township, depending on the ministry's requirements, he said.

Great News :right_on:

the great news here is that its in the news!

this is what snowmobile clubs do, day in day out, they work with townships and MNR constantly when work needs to be done.

good to see Scott getting really involved, he has taken over from a leader through unforseen circumstances and don't think he expected to be the President at this time. great job Scott!

the great news here is that its in the news!

this is what snowmobile clubs do, day in day out, they work with townships and MNR constantly when work needs to be done.

good to see Scott getting really involved, he has taken over from a leader through unforseen circumstances and don't think he expected to be the President at this time. great job Scott!

Well said Canadoo.

Clubs all over do these things every day, yet they seldom get the press they should. Good for the little local rag for printing this as they always do, and kudos for the club for maintaining a relationship with the press.

More clubs need to be doing this. It educates everybody as to the issue, drums up support and interest and simply get's the face of the club in the public.

Archived