Has E107 re-opened thru Marvel Rapids

I'll Ride Anything

Looking at the District 2 map it looks like PTBSC has re-opened the E107 south from Top E thru Marvel Rapids golf course onto Apsley.

Anyone know if this is the case?

We really missed that portion last season with the re-route north of the clubhouse making it too far for us from the east.

Never was enough snow to use the roads to bypass last year.

I never blamed the golf course for denying access, we constantly caution taped the areas were people ran off onto the course by accident or lack of give a sh*t.

They are working on a new route for E107 north of the golf course.

post-19781-0-24480400-1291598258_thumb.jpg

post-19781-0-11925900-1291598284_thumb.jpg

looking at the interactive map, I noticed they are showing the E107 merging with the old Burleigh Road trail. Hopefully they were able to join into the trail north of the wet areas.

post-19706-0-55842000-1292127541_thumb.p

• 1 month later...

I rode north on E107 thru the Trotter property to Hwy 28. It appears that the same reroute is in place as last year (for now).

Nothing on the Paudash website.

From the January issue of the Apsley Voice:

North Kawartha Council Notes January 18, 2011

Snowmobile Bridge over Eels Creek

Council approved, in principal, the request for a long-term encroachment agreement to be arranged with the Paudash Trailblazers Snowmobile Club for the construction of a snowmobile bridge over Eels Creek. The snowmobile club will pay all costs associated with the bridge including the township's legal fees. The club will be locating the new bridge on a trail in the northern part of the township. The construction schedule is still to be determined.

From the January issue of the Apsley Voice:

Great news!

PS Rode the Paudash trails this weekend, most are done till we get more snow! The word for this year is logging.

• 6 months later...

There was a notice in the papers a few weeks back giving public notice of the proposed trail crossing Crown Land. I'm not sure what the deadline for submissions was, but I'm sure the period is now over. Hopefully the red tape doesn't delay things (BTDT :bluerolleyes: ) & the new trail will be open.

Archived