SNOWCREST TRAIL REPORTS-2010-2011

blakesnowcrest

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is great news. I plan to stop by the office on Friday to pick up a classic permit for my bro.

Sounds good.

I will be there from 8:30 to 5ish

Trail 4 between Cowbell LN and Kahshe lake will be groomed today.

Hopefully limited by the weekend.

And with some good news.

We now have more trails open, some with limited status:

C101D from the Wharf to D-trail is OPEN and

D-Trail From C101D to Trail 44 is OPEN!

D-Trail from C101D to Kahshe Lake is limited, Kahshe Lake is staked.

Trail 4 from Hwy 11 overpass to B105 is limited, Matchedash Lake is staked.

Trail 15 is Limited. There will be more reports as the day goes on.

Great Pictures the trail looks great

Went for a little boot today (around 80 km) locally on the D trail. Seeing as the D to Kahshe was limited I decided to head that way. Well not a good plan, I rode to the Beaver creek bridge (I think that's it) and had to turn around. Cresting some of those hills had pretty thin snow and you were hitting rocks. Some people may not mind it but for me I prefer smooth trails, definately need more snow on that section. Turned around and headed up the Top D up to the float bridge in bracebridge and then decided to run the road to Golden Beach to see if there were any huts out yet. Wow lots of huts and people fishing, looks like I know what I'm doing tomorrow, just wish I could run the lake straight up instead of the trails.

All in all the D from Gravenhurst straight up to Bracebridge is in good shape, mostly smooth groomed trails with a few bumps. Anyone run the 15 today, I was going to try it tomorrow?

We now have more trails OPEN , some with LIMITED status: C101D from the Wharf to D-trail is OPEN and D-Trail From C101D to Trail 44 is OPEN! D-Trail from C101D to Kahshe Lake is limited, Kahshe Lake is staked. Trail 4 from Hwy 11 overpass to B105 is limited, Matchedash Lake is staked. Trail 15 is Limited.

Here is some pic from tonight

Trail 4- Groomed from Severn River rd to trail 15.

Trail 15- groomed from trail 4 to South Muldrew lake rd.

:right_on:

Grooming003.jpg

Grooming012.jpg

Grooming015.jpg

Grooming021.jpg

Grooming020.jpg

Grooming022.jpg

Grooming034.jpg

Grooming029.jpg

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Looks great Blake, just have to replace shocks and hopefully be out this weekend!!

Looks great

X2 !

We now have more trails OPEN , some with LIMITED status: C101D from the Wharf to D-trail is OPEN and D-Trail From C101D to Trail 44 is OPEN! D-Trail from C101D to Kahshe Lake is limited, Kahshe Lake is staked. Trail 4 from Hwy 11 overpass to B105 is limited, Matchedash Lake is staked. Trail 15 is Limited.

Here is some pic from tonight

Trail 4- Groomed from Severn River rd to trail 15.

Trail 15- groomed from trail 4 to South Muldrew lake rd.

:right_on:

Grooming003.jpg

Grooming012.jpg

Grooming015.jpg

Grooming021.jpg

Grooming020.jpg

Grooming022.jpg

Grooming034.jpg

Grooming029.jpg

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Blake,I hope you didn't stop at the White Pines for a bubbly and leave the groomer sled

running.LOL

Looks Great. Keep those pictures coming. Do you have any form the Big groomer?

Looks Great. Keep those pictures coming. Do you have any form the Big groomer?

Last night, the Pisten Bully lost a track. One of our groomer operators had to take the TS110 out trail 12 to pick up our 2 operators that were in the Pisten Bully. They have to leave the Pisten Bully on the trail for the night. They will ride out on sleds tomorrow morning with jacks, jack up the PB and put the track back on. Unfortunately the heavy TS110 broke through the swamps on trail 12 so it is closed. Hopefully we can get trail 12 open for the pancake brunch. Nobody should try to run trail 12 at this time.

So the Big groomer that does all the wide trails is Broken Down?

No its fine. It should be out tonight.

Thats Good News

We do have 3 Big Groomers that maintain our trails. 2 New Hollands and 1 Piston Bulley.

Passed one on the Hollands on Winhara Rd today, good to see them out. The Top D needed a good groom b4 the weekend. As much as I didn't want to run on *Fresh* groomed trails until they set up, it was still nice to make tracks. Top D is in great shape get out and ride this weekend. I'll be out if someone wants company but then again I dont mind riding alone.

One thing I don't understand is why do the snow plows scrap down to pavement on in town route trails, they should know by now that people use these streets/roads to access ofsc trails so why remove all the snow. Plow it but don't scrap it down to pavement on the shoulder......

Passed one on the Hollands on Winhara Rd today, good to see them out. The Top D needed a good groom b4 the weekend. As much as I didn't want to run on *Fresh* groomed trails until they set up, it was still nice to make tracks. Top D is in great shape get out and ride this weekend. I'll be out if someone wants company but then again I dont mind riding alone.

One thing I don't understand is why do the snow plows scrap down to pavement on in town route trails, they should know by now that people use these streets/roads to access ofsc trails so why remove all the snow. Plow it but don't scrap it down to pavement on the shoulder......

I might go for a ride tomorow. Gravenhurst to Bracebridge

I will let you know...

How are the trails

Trails were awesome yesterday but with the weekend taffic hitting the corners may be a bit thin. I rode from Gravenhurst to just north of bracebridge yesterday, the OPP (S.T.O.P) were out checking for reg. and permits so make sure you have them. Had a cop follow me for almost a km b4 I knew he was behind me (no mirrors on my sled)

At Least You have All of your papers. Iam going up to cottage in 2 weeks hope they will be in great condition. Keep those pictures of the trails coming

Trail Condition Notes Updated

B-North-Closed

B-South-Closed

C101D Open -from Muskoka Wharf to TOP D Limited from Gravenhurst Wharf to Southwood Rd.

D-North-Open From C101D to Trail 44

D-South-Limited from C101D to Kahshe Lake (Kashse Lake is staked, Use caution and cross at your own risk)

3 Closed

4 Limited From the TOP D-Trail to B105

5 Closed

7 Closed

9 Limited

10 Limited

12 Limited

14 Limited

15 Limited From Trail 4 to North Muldrew Lake Rd, follow Muldrew Lake Road to C101D: Sparrow, North & South Muldrew Lakes and McLeans Bay are all staked (Use caution and cross at your own risk)

Sounds Good

Archived