SNOWCREST TRAIL REPORTS-2010-2011

blakesnowcrest

.... packed and skip dragged ( with one of these http://www.snowgroom.../snowmobile.htm) this weekend.

What was that unit like DooNut ? Looks interesting on their website - how did it perform ?

So far, it appears to do a pretty decent job of packing. I suspect it will be great for keeping up our private trail from his place over to the 12 which gets pretty bumpy with NO grooming. That is the reason he bought it. It has the snow razor cutter for taking the tops off the moguls too.

Appears to be pretty well built and for the packing we did Sunday, it actually laid down a pretty nice ribbon.

We took turns making one pass out to the highway and back. Ended up with a good 8 foot wide trail.

Need more snow, thats for sure. Then we can load up the weight box and be a little more aggressive on the attack angle to really see what it will do.

Towed behing a new Back Country Gade800 very nicely at around 20kph.

Cool. Looks interesting. Thanks for the feedback !

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doonut, The signage has to be updated in the wakers point. This will most liklty be happing just after new years. Sandi told me you and Bill Horosko would be interested in helping out. Let me know. :right_on:

Doonut, The signage has to be updated in the wakers point. This will most liklty be happing just after new years. Sandi told me you and Bill Horosko would be interested in helping out. Let me know. :right_on:

signage??????????????? you mean theres signage on walkers point? LOL

I'll be up somewhere between the 27th and 30th and then there for a few days. We could hang some signs if you want. No one has broken the 12 trail all the way in yet. It might happen this week as my friend and his boy are up for the next two weeks.

PM me a number and I'll see if I can get them to pick up the signs Blake.

Were almost packed to Kahshe lake!!! Another 2 km or so. Lots of beaver water up there still tho. :right_on:

Were almost packed to Kahshe lake!!! Another 2 km or so. Lots of beaver water up there still tho. :right_on:

Have you got more than 2 inches of ice on those Trail 4 Beaver Ponds??????

You're "CRAZY IN THE HEAD" !! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :-P :razz:

Bob Measured 6 inches. I meant theres lots of slush/beaver crap.

Trail 4. :right_on: . One of our favourite rides out of Severn Bridge. Always thought it went over a bunch of small lakes towards Kahshe Lake, but if STG calls them Beaver Ponds, then beaver ponds they are.

Way to go groomers, team members and Blakesnowcres (great picture of you in the magazine - I thought you were the poster boy for the under 12 Driver Training Course :-) :poke: )

Blake, tell me when you get through to the Lake. I think we are going to be staking soon. We found a variety of depths on Saturday last. Always a combination of Blue and White but never less than 3" of Blue in any combination. I've got to do some more drilling - probably after Boxing Day - but it won't be long before we are installing the stakes. With, of course, permission ! :-D

Once we've got the stakes in (maybe between Christmas and New Years) I want you to drop in for a "hot chocolate" . ;-) :wink: ;-)

Maybe you can give me some lessons on how to hit the ball straighter in next year's tournament !!

Blake, tell me when you get through to the Lake. I think we are going to be staking soon. We found a variety of depths on Saturday last. Always a combination of Blue and White but never less than 3" of Blue in any combination. I've got to do some more drilling - probably after Boxing Day - but it won't be long before we are installing the stakes. With, of course, permission ! :-D

Once we've got the stakes in (maybe between Christmas and New Years) I want you to drop in for a "hot chocolate" . ;-) :wink: ;-)

Maybe you can give me some lessons on how to hit the ball straighter in next year's tournament !!

Sounds good!

Your place is by Kevins, right???

Sounds good!

Your place is by Kevins, right???

If you mean is Kevin's place by Mine, then yes . ;-):-P:-D

Looks like some of Snowcrests trails are open as limited for riding.

C101D Limited from Muskoka Wharf to TOP D

D-North Limited from C101D to Trail 44

4 Limited from Hwy 11 overpass to Trail 15.

15 Limited from South end, North to Canning Rd. Lakes are not staked and are not safe.

Thanks to all Snowcrest volunteers!!!

I took advantage of the limited trails this evening and went for a ride to Sparrow lake. :right_on:

The trails were fair.

Im going to groom from Severn River Rd to Graham Rd tomorow.

I forgot the camera...Damn!! :banghead:

How are the trails from Gravenhurst to Walkers Point looking? Is Pine Lake staked?

trails are all still closed. No one stakes Pine Lake anymore. Haven't for years.

Trail Update

Trail 4 from severn river rd has been groomed to the swing bridge.

Trail 15 has been groomed from the bottom to canning rd.

Kahshe Beaver Swamps- They will eat you. :rotflmao:

beaverswamp.jpg

What a day...

Check inside your boxers for Leeches ! :shock::-P

Well, I guess if you're posting pictures, you're home and warming up. Hope you kept the damage to a minimum. Glad you made it back saferly.

oh ! You'll be getting a call from the MNR shortly for upsetting the Beavers. :rotflmao:

So me and another volunteer ventured out to break the rest of trail 4. We made it to a big pine tree that lied across the trail. We have about .3 km to go untill we reach the lake.

Total damage-

-Broken Trailing arm on a doo grand touring.

I saw John Dove said a cuple days ago on facebook that there was 7 inches of ice on Kahshe.

Does anyone have a update on Kahshes ice conditions???

So me and another volunteer ventured out to break the rest of trail 4. We made it to a big pine tree that lied across the trail. We have about .3 km to go untill we reach the lake.

Total damage-

-Broken Trailing arm on a doo grand touring.

I saw John Dove said a cuple days ago on facebook that there was 7 inches of ice on Kahshe.

Does anyone have a update on Kahshes ice conditions???

Yup. You can't reach water with a 7 inch auger bit. Most of what we cut last weekend was blue. Although there were some sections that boasted as much as 10" but only 4" of that was blue.

I'm "guessing" that the weekend after New Years might be a good weekend to stake the lake. But...............does it really matter? If the trails aren't open the stake line is meaningless.

Well... I just made it to kahshe lake and packed trail 4 with the skandic.

I did 12 kms in 1 1/2 hrs. Wow.

We need more snow up there tho.

ALL snocrest trails are CLOSED untill the warm spell leaves and we get some more snow.

Archived