SNOWCREST TRAIL REPORTS-2010-2011

blakesnowcrest

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why dont you guys say the lakes are staked on the website

How is the trail from Matchedash to Sparrow Lakes.The last time I was through there it was a

rough muddy cow path,but that was maybe 10 years ago.

Its better now Barry

Why dont you guys say the lakes are staked on the website

Most of the trails around these lakes that are staked are still closed. Therefore until we get more snow and open these trails they won't list the lakes as staked.

We are playing it safe this week. We want to see what Tuesdays milder temperatures bring. We are hoping to have some of our trails limited by the weekend for you to enjoy.

I want to get out and ride.

hopefully you guys get snow not rain

Yip yip. Pow wow baby. ewweeeee

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/web/imagepopup.php?imgname=OntSnowForecastJan17.jpg&title=Snowfall expected through Wednesday - The Weather Network〈=en

Yip yip. Pow wow baby. ewweeeee

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/news/web/imagepopup.php?imgname=OntSnowForecastJan17.jpg&title=Snowfall expected through Wednesday - The Weather Network〈=en

That should get us going for some weekend riding.

:-)

well its been snowing all day in gravenhurst, no rain or freezing rain just plan snow and the type we need. Wet heavy packing snow that should make thing easier for our groomers to work with. I'm heading out shortly for a quick ride and will post some conditions later... taking the D as far as I can go with in a 2 hour return time frame.... The bay has some soft spots (hard to believe) considering the cooooold nights we've been having, be careful......

Just got back from a nightmare ride if I may say, not the trails them self but my sled....what a piece of chit. I ended up stopping at the intersection of D trail and 31 in bracebridge for a quick smoke and to enjoy the snow fall, I went to start the sled and my recoil snaps. I have no spare rope and no one on the trails, I waited for almost an hour 1/2 for someone to ride by but no luck. I decided to walk up the 31 trail and ended up going to the yamaha dealer at the end of the trail, they towed me into the shop and got a rope to wrap around the primary. 1 pull and it starts right up, drive back home and now she's sitting in the back yard. What to do, what to do! The trails on the other hand are in pretty good shape, lots of snow now and packed down just nice. Now if the groomer gets out we may have good conditions by the weekend.

Just got back from a nightmare ride if I may say, not the trails them self but my sled....what a piece of chit. I ended up stopping at the intersection of D trail and 31 in bracebridge for a quick smoke and to enjoy the snow fall, I went to start the sled and my recoil snaps. I have no spare rope and no one on the trails, I waited for almost an hour 1/2 for someone to ride by but no luck. I decided to walk up the 31 trail and ended up going to the yamaha dealer at the end of the trail, they towed me into the shop and got a rope to wrap around the primary. 1 pull and it starts right up, drive back home and now she's sitting in the back yard. What to do, what to do! The trails on the other hand are in pretty good shape, lots of snow now and packed down just nice. Now if the groomer gets out we may have good conditions by the weekend.

Well, that sucks and all but at least nothing spendy broke.

Its not that big of a job to replace the rope.

I guess the lesson for today kids is don't forgot the emergency starter rope at home.

Well, that sucks and all but at least nothing spendy broke.

Its not that big of a job to replace the rope.

I guess the lesson for today kids is don't forgot the emergency starter rope at home.

Its not the rope Sean, I believe its the spring, the rope will wind back in but putting on it, there's no tension at all.

Hey Steve- How much fresh snow thus far?

There's a little bit, it snowed all day and for the most part it was whiteouts, wet heavy sticky snow. I would guesstimate 10-13cm today. All the bumps filled in nicely as there was minimal traffic. 1 wet spot on the D in the pipeline section but all in all not too bad. Beware of covered rocks, with the fresh snow large rocks are hard to see until its to late.

I think were grooming tonight...

Snowcrest has been out grooming our trails today.

I am heading out now to groom the south end trails

YYYYYEEEE HAAWWWWWWWW :-D

I did some grooming in the south end tonight.

Pics to come.

Will you guys be grooming the trail from walkers point/hwy169 to gravenhurst before the weekend?

I got a email today that it was groomed.

Did you ask about the office hrs on the snowcrest facebook page???

trail415083.jpg

trail415086.jpg

trail415079.jpg

trail415068.jpg

trail415070.jpg

Archived