SNOWCREST TRAIL REPORTS-2010-2011

blakesnowcrest

Town signage is done, and Equipment is ready to go. Here you will find the trail status and pictures of volunteers preping for the season. Please feel free to post up what you thought of the trail(s) you rode in the snowcrest area. Feel free to post up pictures of your rides in the snowcrest area. :right_on:

--------------------------------------------------

Please Remember to Respect our Landowners/Private Property Owners and stay off all CLOSED Trails. Any use of CLOSED Trails without the Landowners permission is TRESPASSING and could result in trails permissions being revoked.

With much thanks to our Volunteers who worked extremenly hard, in not the most ideal conditions to get the trails open!

Please visit the OFSC website for more information on District 7 trail conditions.

OFSC Drstrict 7

SNOWCREST TRAILS

OFSC Trail Status

:):-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not a trail, but its close to one.lol

post-21701-0-25675500-1292293675_thumb.jpg

Thanks for getting this thread going Blake. I hope we see lots of people posting here about the great conditions on Snowcrest Trails.

Here's a couple of shots from today - sledding about the neighbourhood..............................

PC132602.jpg

PC132601.jpg

PC132600.jpg

PC132599.jpg

PC132603.jpg

When do you think the snowcrest trails are going to be open?

Snowcrest will have their groomers out starting today to pack and prep the trails. They will have trails open as soon as possible. They are hoping to have part of C101D in to Gravenhurst and D trail up towards Bracebridge open for the weekeend. It all depends on conditions such as wet areas etc. All of the Snowcrest equipment is serviced and ready to go. Please give the guys time to get the job done. They have been working hard so they can get up and running too.

By the way, those pictures aren't trails.

They are pix of my access and drive. Anyone up in the area sledding, I could sure use some help shoveling my 5km driveway. :-D

Snowcrest will have their groomers out starting today to pack and prep the trails. They will have trails open as soon as possible. They are hoping to have part of C101D in to Gravenhurst and D trail up towards Bracebridge open for the weekeend. It all depends on conditions such as wet areas etc. All of the Snowcrest equipment is serviced and ready to go. Please give the guys time to get the job done. They have been working hard so they can get up and running too.

There is a load of water out there. A lot of casual water and the swamps were very high when we were brushing. It's unfortunate that a good thickness of ice didn't form on much of that before the snow fell. I think that will delay things on most of the trails in our area.

There is a load of water out there. A lot of casual water and the swamps were very high when we were brushing. It's unfortunate that a good thickness of ice didn't form on much of that before the snow fell. I think that will delay things on most of the trails in our area.

You can say that two times. Our little gang has been working two vey very wet areas since september. We ended up using about 30 30 foot pines to bridge one spot on the 12 trail a mile in from the 169 crossing that was only 20 feet wide but about 6 foot deep. Last season it was a 2 foot wide mud puddle.

We used all the branches we cleaned off the pines to thatch a bridge deck with the hopes of it holding a good amount of snow and freezing into a solid bridge for the winter.

We have cleared a few old dead trees to change the angle of approach to the crossing so the groomer can make it across safely.

Hopefully, we can make it out there this weekend to get some warning tape and poles up at either end of the bridge so no one drives off the side into the big flowing hole full of cold, stinky beaver water.

The other spot, on the trail from Cambells Landing about two miles in from 169, we lowered the height of a flat tail dam by about 5 feet because there was 4 feet of LAKE across the trail a 1/4 mile long. !!!!

They are pix of my access and drive. Anyone up in the area sledding, I could sure use some help shoveling my 5km driveway. :-D

I could bring my tractor and blower...if I leave now I could probably be there sometime Friday. :-P

Nice pics of your "driveway." Just out of interest, your last one shows some footprints beside the sled tracks...what did you do this time, to warrant having to walk 5 kms? :poke:

I could bring my tractor and blower...if I leave now I could probably be there sometime Friday. :-P

Nice pics of your "driveway." Just out of interest, your last one shows some footprints beside the sled tracks...what did you do this time, to warrant having to walk 5 kms? :poke:

I sent the Idomitable MRS STG out to get the mail. :-D

I sent the Idomitable MRS STG out to get the mail. :-D

Looks like she isn't back yet...the footprints appear to be going in only one direction... :-P

[Then again, maybe she kept right on walking...who can blame her?] :-D

Looks like she isn't back yet...the footprints appear to be going in only one direction... :-P

[Then again, maybe she kept right on walking...who can blame her?] :-D

Good one, IrREVerent :coffeespit:

She'd better hurry. It's almost time for her to prepare my supper ! ;-)

Do you have a food taster? :rolleyes: :poke:

I took the advantage of my snowday to help pack trails 4 and 15. Trail. 4 is packed from Severn River rd to the blue swing bridge. Trail 15 is packed from where it starts in the south end to south muldrew lake.

Please remember these trails are not yet Open or Limited and still remain CLOSED.

We had some people that thought the trail was open... :coffeenose:

edit: I forgot the camera :banghead:

I took the advantage of my snowday to help pack trails 4 and 15. Trail. 4 is packed from Severn River rd to the blue swing bridge. Trail 15 is packed from where it starts in the south end to south muldrew lake.

Please remember these trails are not yet Open or Limited and still remain CLOSED.

Thanks Blake. I'm thinking it will be a while before you're packing 4 north from cowbell. There's a lot of water up there ! Great to hear the packing is underway :-D

Thanks Blake. I'm thinking it will be a while before you're packing 4 north from cowbell. There's a lot of water up there ! Great to hear the packing is underway :-D

Were are normally up 4 north just before christmas. Im going to drive up to the first beaver swamp and see how much ice is on it sometime in the week.

Everything is packing nicely too. Bob Hyde is going to skip-drag from severn river(his road) road to Graham rd tommorow.

:right_on:

Thanks to Tommy and Bob, Trail 4 from Cowbell lane (my street) is packed to the map board.

Thanks Guys :right_on:

This trail still remains CLOSED

Thanks to Tommy and Bob, Trail 4 from Cowbell lane (my street) is packed to the map board.

Thanks Guys :right_on:

This trail still remains CLOSED

We got a good piece of trail 12 from Walkers point out to 169 packed and skip dragged ( with one of these http://www.snowgroomers.net/htm/snowmobile.htm) this weekend. Still some nasty boggy spots and now we need more snow to fill the holes between the granite but coming along nicely. Had a few big oaks come down cross the trail since we cleared it a few weeks back so we cut those up as well.

The big grooomer has been into Cambells Landing and out towards the New Ark too.

My friend will cross 169 this week and start skip dragging the 12 out and across the big grass swamp. The big groomer made it east to the swamp and turned around so he will do what he can to complete the trail out to the hwy.

The 9 north of Snider's bay road has been groomed with the big groomer but the usual wet spots are really nasty. There are some old steel culverts that the drag pulled up that need attention at the two beaver dams on the 9 as well.

Considering the date, things are looking really good for the season. :)

.... packed and skip dragged ( with one of these http://www.snowgroom.../snowmobile.htm) this weekend.

What was that unit like DooNut ? Looks interesting on their website - how did it perform ?

So far, it appears to do a pretty decent job of packing. I suspect it will be great for keeping up our private trail from his place over to the 12 which gets pretty bumpy with NO grooming. That is the reason he bought it. It has the snow razor cutter for taking the tops off the moguls too.

Appears to be pretty well built and for the packing we did Sunday, it actually laid down a pretty nice ribbon.

We took turns making one pass out to the highway and back. Ended up with a good 8 foot wide trail.

Need more snow, thats for sure. Then we can load up the weight box and be a little more aggressive on the attack angle to really see what it will do.

Towed behing a new Back Country Gade800 very nicely at around 20kph.

Archived