A107Q Rerouted on to Lake Temiscaming?

revrnd

I see on the TATA trail conditions page this posted:

"New Liskeard to Quebec" trail "C" "Open" "The trail will be move on to Lake Temiskaming in the New Year"

AFAIK, TOP C comes nowhere close to this area. Do they mean A107Q? If yes, does anyone know if this trail across the lake is staked. It's a big body of water that we've never been on & I don't want to p!@# away a bunch of time Sunday morning trying to find our way to Notre-Dame-du-Nord.

Have a look at an Ontario map. You will see that if you go out around the point on your left from the waterfront in Liskeard and then head north, you will come to Notre Dame.

I don't know if the lake is staked but I spoke to some people on Friday that rode up it on their way from Temagami.

Have a great trip!

Remember, if you're go'in to see a moose you may as well see a big one!

• 2 weeks later...

A107Q is staked across the lake.

Part way the stakes changed colour, so I thought we had crossed into Quebec (not the case). There is no sign @ the east end of the stake line & no tracks up the bank, so we just continued into a bay (turns out it was the Blanche R.) following a bunch of sled tracks. We intersected A107Q as it went across the river. You run it a short distance then are in Quebec.

Yup. Rode it yesterday. Was on a famiy trip to see the church in Belle Vallee (it is a stone church and has a pattern of a Rosary in the stones) and was letting my 8 year old drive across the lake. I noticed a group of machines fall in behind us. We stopped at Dawson Point to see the fossils in the limestone (a traditional stop for us) when the guys pulled up behind us looking for A107Q. They were from North Bay and were looking to ride home down the east side of Temiscaming. Said that we looked like we knew where we were going so decided to follow. Didn't have the heart to tell them that they were following an 8 year old. :o

The trail is easy to find. Follow the line of Xmas trees across Wabi Bay from New Liskeard then the stake line across Sutton Bay to the mouth of the Blanche. Head up the Blanche and you will see the trail heading to Quebec. It's pretty well marked. DON'T head straight to Notre Dame across the lake. There are some bad spots where the Riviere des Quinzes comes into the lake.

Archived