Wing Night Fund Raiser, Friday February 6

Blackstar

I wonder what the OFSC,OPP,STOP etc would say about selling alcohol at a clubhouse.

I remember opp walked into the club house a few years ago and the place cleared out within 30 seconds. Wasn't a sole left.

When I post here, I post my personal opinions. No reflexion on my club or its members.

Wholesale chicken wings are getting pricey. As feed cost rise, processor's are requesting less production. The chicken wing consumption is actually increasing as this is occurring. I have heard wing's could be Wholesaling in the 3.50 per Ib range soon. Do you buy ahead of time blackstar?. Are you guys going to raise prices bait this year? I will probabily be out next Friday. Last year it was around 2 bucks a lbs

at the wholesale level. Big change. Maybe with

the NHL out, it will keep demand down.

We buy a couple of days a head of the wing night.

Yep, we've had to raise the price from $8 to $9 per order this year.

I will likely be behind the counter saucing wings on Friday. Say hi.

I wonder what the OFSC,OPP,STOP etc would say about selling alcohol at a clubhouse.

We are licensed and insured. The OPP from Elmira do stop in on occasion. If the trails are open on a Wing Night you can be guaranteed that the OPP will be with in 1 km of the clubhouse all night.

The OFSC is well aware of our clubhouse and its practices.

We support the Smartserve and DD programs for all our events.

I remember opp walked into the club house a few years ago and the place cleared out within 30 seconds. Wasn't a sole left.

The liqour laws have evolved to the point where one beer makes us fear for our license.

It's great that your club has the ability to do such a good fundraiser. Hat's off!! It's sad that it almost seems that your handcufffed..almost literally for selling a few beers and wings to club supporters.

I am sure the liability is huge for serving alcohol in the clubhouse, but is your servers have the Smartserve and promote DD, and are licensed they should not be all over you for that.

Thank you for the information. I would think it would be an awesome event to share some stories...have some laughs...support the club..all in the same breath.

It's great that your club has the ability to do such a good fundraiser. Hat's off!! It's sad that it almost seems that your handcufffed..almost literally for selling a few beers and wings to club supporters.

I am sure the liability is huge for serving alcohol in the clubhouse, but is your servers have the Smartserve and promote DD, and are licensed they should not be all over you for that.

Thank you for the information. I would think it would be an awesome event to share some stories...have some laughs...support the club..all in the same breath.

Last year our poker run could not even stop at a licensed restruant or we lose our insurance

Last year our poker run could not even stop at a licensed restruant or we lose our insurance

That is brutal...you likely end up losing sponsors due to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill! The wing night went well. Not as busy as other wing nights rest of the year but nice to slowly get started :)

Hope to see you guys out at our OPEN HOUSE on Sunday, October 28th! :icon_dance-cpatch:

http://www.stclementssnowmobileclub.com/

• 1 month later...

First Wing Night of the season is next Friday.

Yes, it supposed to be the first Friday in October but there were conflicks with Thankgiving being on the same weekend.

I think you should cancel the wing nights until it snows. It has been feb 2011, since we could last ride there. I know it isn't happening tommorrow either, unless atver's get the word. We have to change something. I will now second the motion

to move the clubhouse. Hcsa usually always has rideable snow and is a short 3.5 hour hop from at Clements.

Wing night at St. Clements tonight.! See yuh there.

Wing night at St. Clements tonight.! See yuh there.

How was the turn out?

might have to check out the wing night in Jan, been a few years sense i was at the St Clements club house

might have to check out the wing night in Jan, been a few years sense i was at the St Clements club house

I will be there. Hoping to ride.

Would be great if we could ride there..

Have to wait and see. Hoping to ride from the blue moon north.

Blackstar...refresh my old memory...where is the clubhouse and what time on the 4th??

Faceman take at look at the very first post of this thread , you should find the info there .

Faceman take at look at the very first post of this thread , you should find the info there .

WR

Just bumpin a thread :lol:

Thanks Winterules,

Location on trail and by road is available on our website. www.stclementssnowmobileclub.com

Doesn't look like open trails will happen for this one. Let's hope for February.

Wing Night tonight. :)

Can we ride there??