Wing Night Fund Raiser, Friday February 6

Blackstar

I haven't got the exact numbers but I heard we were down a fair bit. I had a Christmas Party to attend and didn't make it myself.

January 6 will be the next Wing Night. I will be there. Hope to see some of you as well.

I was going to go and then realized we still had no snow and the interactive map wouldn't load. I couldn't remember the address. DOH. Hopefully we will have snow in Jan and we all can ride, Have to cross your fingers and toes for this one.

3100 Hergott Rd. You can find it on the St. Clements Snowmobile Club Website.

I may be wrong but I was looking for the clubhouse on the maps today I noticed something

The BTrail on the west side of K/W (as I remember it) was called the B203. The B Trail on the East side of K/W was called the B204. The B109 what I would normally take to get there from my neck of the woods splits east of Listowel B109 towards listowel and South becomes the B203.

Here is the problem, on the interactive map put out by the OFSC B109 runs straight east
AND
south from the cutoff to Listowel (south end of the conestoga Lake) and there is no such trail called the B203 (instead called the B109) and then south of St. clements/Heidelberg it changes to B204..is this a mistake with the interactive map.. if so you guys may want to bring this up with the OFSC as I would hate people to get lost when they are coming (during the season) for a stop over...

B203 IS THE TRAIL THAT RUNS UP THROUGH ST.CLEMENTS AND ON UP TO B109 JUST EAST OF CONESTOGA LAKE. I BELIEVE THE B204 DESIGNATION ON THE INTER ACTIVE MAP DOWN SOUTH IN THE WASHINGTON AREA IS INCORRECT. B204 RUNS OUT OF KITCHENER AND OVER NORTH EAST TOWARD LAKE BELWOOD.

• 5 weeks later...

WOW!! Very large turnout of unhappy sledders at wing night tonight. They sure do make good wings at St. Clements clubhouse.

Yes, great turn out last night. It was busy from 530-830. I think we went through just over 350 lbs of wings.

General attitude of the crowd was "This winter sucks."

Pray to the snow Gods. :icon_snow:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

March 2 was the last Wing Night of the season.

Thanks to all who made it out to the clubhouse this winter (if we can call it that).

Let's hope next year brings colder, snowier weather.

Cheers

Edited by Blackstar

Time to move the clubhouse north. How about James bay.

I here by motion that we buy a very large travel trailer to be next year's clubhouse capable of moving to snow covered areas on a moments notice.

Any seconders?

:tongue:

• 6 months later...

First Wing Night of the season is next Friday.

Yes, it supposed to be the first Friday in October but there were conflicks with Thankgiving being on the same weekend.

Edited by Blackstar

ya, we do well with them. Its the main source of revenue for our club. It's what keeps us in business.

This first Wing night is slower as most aren't thinking sledding yet. Our Dec, Jan, Feb Wing Nights are very busy. Throw in open trails to the door on one of these nights and it gets huge.

Wholesale chicken wings are getting pricey. As feed cost rise, processor's are requesting less production. The chicken wing consumption is actually increasing as this is occurring. I have heard wing's could be Wholesaling in the 3.50 per Ib range soon. Do you buy ahead of time blackstar?. Are you guys going to raise prices bait this year? I will probabily be out next Friday. Last year it was around 2 bucks a lbs

at the wholesale level. Big change. Maybe with

the NHL out, it will keep demand down.

Edited by Viperules700

Do your wing nite fundraisers do well?

It is crazy during open trails. In the past the club couldn't cook the wings fast enough. They bought a second cooker. That problem is solved. Be nice to get some white stuff early this year.

Thanks kindly for the info. I am assuming that you host the wing nights at the clubhouse or do you have a deal with a local watering hole?

Thanks kindly for the info. I am assuming that you host the wing nights at the clubhouse or do you have a deal with a local watering hole?

The club house has a full kitchen, so they have volunteers that work in shifts that, pepare the wings, sauce them and then cook them. A good night the club can sell upwards of 450 ibs. They are licensed as well and sell beer too, which brings in some additional revenue.

Edited by Viperules700

The club house has a full kitchen, so they have volunteers that work in shifts that, pepare the wings, sauce them and then cook them. A good night the club can sell upwards of 450 ibs. They are licensed as well and sell beer too, which brings in some additional revenue.

I wonder what the OFSC,OPP,STOP etc would say about selling alcohol at a clubhouse.